26

Radagast laughs as he is chased by the Wargs,"Come and get me!" The company follow Gandalf as he says,"Come on! Stay together!" They were running away from the pack and were hiding every now and again behind a rock.

Just as they thought they were away, the company ran out only to cross the paths with a Warg. Thorin shouted,"Ori, no! Come back!" Ori hadn't seen the Warg, nor did he hear Thorin shout. Mivera ran up behind him, grabbed his scarf and pulled him back the right way.

Gandalf seemed to be thinking something,"All of you, come on, come on! Quick!" Without question, everyone began to follow the wizard. Mivera ran up beside him,"Where are you leading us?" He doesn't answer. The company reach a giant rock and they stay there for a moment. They hear a thud as something jumped onto the rock above them, the sound of heavy breathing and claws scratching the stone indicated it was a Warg.

Thorin glanced at Kili and nodded to his bow. Kili nodded and silently loaded an arrow. He took a deep breath and jumped from the hiding spot. The Warg had an Orc on it and they crouched to leap onto him. But Kili was to quick as he loosed an arrow in between the Wargs eyes. It stumbled mid-jump and rolled on the Orc and off the rock. Unfortunately, it didn't land far enough from the group. It landed straight on top of Mivera.

Fortunately it landed on her dagger she pulled out split second. Dwalin took care of the Orc as Thorin, Balin, and Bilbo pulled the Warg off her. Thorin gave her a hand up, and she squeezed it to signal she was alright.

The other orcs chasing Radagast heard the squealing of their comrade,"The Dwarf-scum are over there! After them!" Gandalf and the dwarves saw them coming and began to run again."Move, run!", Gandalf shouted over his shoulder. They followed and Gloin pointed and yelled,"There they are!" Gandalf saw as he replied,"This way quickly!" He led them into a wide open clearing.

"There's more coming!", Kili shouted. Mivera looked around and saw that he was right. Dozens of Wargs with an Orc rider were circling them, closing in. Thorin drew his sword,"Kili! Shoot them!" As Mivera draws her own swords, she sees Gandalf run towards a rock. Fili comes beside her with his blades drawn,"We're surrounded!", Kili shot a Warg,"Where's Gandalf?" Mivera struck the writhing Warg,"He's abandoned us! Hold your ground!"

They came together in a tight circle. Kili firing arrow after arrow, Mivera and Fili striking any who missed his shot. Suddenly a voice behind them shouts,"This way, you fools!" They all turn just in time to see Gandalf's grey pointed hat disappear in the rock. Thorin ran to the entrance,"Come on, move! Quickly! All of you! Mivera and Kili stayed back a bit to protect from oncoming Orcs.

Thorin shouts to the people jumping in and running up,"Go, go, go!" He counted as they went down,"nine...ten..", Thorin looked up to see Kili and Mivera out there,"Kili! Mivera! Run!" Mivera ran first and Kili covered them both as they ran. Once they jumped down, Thorin followed.

Mivera stood looking up the way they came. She heard a horn blow and arrows being shot. The others heard them to. An Orc shrieked and topple over the edge of the rock, toppling onto Mivera."Really?!", Mivera shouted, she was getting annoyed with things falling on her. Everyone in the company laughed at her outburst of annoyance, they were used to seeing a calm collected Mivera.

Thorin quickly helped her up smiling. His smile faded as she took out an arrow protruding from the dead Orc's chest. She looked at him and said lightly,"Elves." Dwalin was looking down a darkened tunnel,"I cannot see where the pathway leads. Do we following or not?" He was looking to Mivera and Thorin, Bofur answered,"We follow it, of course!" Mivera looked at Thorin,"I think that would be wise." Thorin just nodded.

They squeezed through the small tunnels, and it was quite a squeeze for a dwarf. Unintentionally, Mivera's hand brushed Thorin's. He said nothing, but simply took hold of it and held it strongly. She was thankful it was dark to hide her big dopey grin.

They walked on for a few more moments before the tunnel opened up to a large walkway."The Valley of Imladris. In common tongue, it's known by another name." Bilbo grinned with excitement,"Rivendell."

Thorin was not so excited,"This was your plan all along, to seek refuge with our enemy." Mivera rolled her eyes and turned to face him,"We have no enemies here Thorin." Gandalf nodded,"The only ill-will to be found in this valley is that which you bring yourself." Thorin would not hear it, he looked back and forth between Mivera and Gandalf,"You think the Elves will give our quest their blessing? They will try to stop us."

"Of course they will. But we have questions that need to be answered. If we are to be successful, this will need to be handed with tact, respect, and no small degree of charm." He looked at Thorin seriously,"Which is why you will leave the talking to Mivera and I."

There came a few laughs from the company as Thorin looked at Mivera. She just smiled and shrugged as she followed Gandalf. Balin shook his head as he followed,"Charm indeed." Thorin looked down and breathed a laugh,"Yes, charm indeed."