50

The lake Masters eyes widened a bit, as did,well, everyone's. Thorin was the most surprised out of them all. He looked like he had seen a ghost, his eyes were wide and his jaw was slackened. Mivera spoke firmly,"I speak to the Master of the men of the lake. Will you see the prophecy fulfilled? Will you share in the wealth of my people? What say you?" It was as if the master didn't have to think about his answer at all,"I say unto you welcome! Welcome!"

The entire town rejoiced as the snow began to fall around them. Mivera was suddenly tackled to the floor by he nephews in a bear hug. She had to bit her tongue to avoid shrieking with pain as they gripped her tightly. She laughed when she saw they were smiling so wide the grin should have cracked their faces apart. They helped her stand and she was quickly surrounded by the company, all smiling and embracing her. Eventually Mivera ended up standing in front of the only person yet to embrace her, Thorin.

They both stood their in an awkward silence. Thorin looked down into her steel grey eyes and was suddenly engulfed in a wave of emotion. His hands shot out, grabbed Mivera, and pulled him towards her. One of his hands cupping the back of her neck, the other pressed against her back. He squeezed her to his chest, Mivera seeing black in the corners of her vision due to the amount of pain. She clenched her teeth together and embraced Thorin just as tight. Mivera pulled back after a moment or so and her heart ached when she saw the hurt look on Thorin's face. She opened her mouth to explain, but Aflrid appeared,"The master has arranged a small house for you all to stay in at your leisure." Thorin nodded gruffly and turned on his heel to follow Alfrid. Mivera rolled her eyes and hobbled after him.

Bilbo was in the back next to Fili and Kili. He scoffed,"Is that it? A quick hug and he's moody again? Isn't he happy to see her?" Fili nodded,"Believe me when I say my uncle is overjoyed the see her." Bilbo furrowed his brow,"That's his 'overjoyed' reaction?" Kili now nodded,"That's the closest to his feelings you and I will ever see." Bilbo now looked in front of them to see that Thorin had slowed down and was now walking slowly next to Mivera. He sighed,"It's a shame he doesn't show his feelings." Fili and Kili spoke at the same time,"He does. Just not to us." Bilbo tilted his head and went to ask who, but his question was answered when he saw Thorin looking down at Mivera as they walked with a small smile on his face.

The night was filled with drinking, plentiful food and dancing. Mivera of course was in no state to dance and was thankful no one expected her to. She was quite content as she sat next to Thorin at the head of the table, watching her company laugh together as they did in Hobbiton. She felt a hand encase her own under the table and a gruff voice whispered in her ear,"You and I will need to talk later." Mivera couldn't help but smirk,"Of course you would want to talk Thorin." Thorin gave her a quizzical look,"What is hat supposed to mean?" Mivera smiled to herself,"I don't particularly know."

Thorin grunted in response, leaning back in his chair but keeping Mivera's hand in his. Mivera sighed but tensed as another wave of pain and nausea engulfed her. Thorin noticed her tensed shoulders and turned her face to his,"Are you alright?" Mivera tried to nod but she only barred her teeth and groaned. Thorin became a little worried,"Mivera? You're very pale, I think you should lie down." Mivera nodded and with Thorin's help stood. Hey only made it a few steps when Mivera finally lost consciousness and fell to the floor. Thorin dropped to his knees and cradled her hand in his hand,"Oin!" Oin came running in quickly. Mivera saw Oin get down on his knees over her before she succumbed to the darkness.