38

Mivera's eyes felt as if they were held down by stones weighing thousands of pounds, she could barely see through her lashes. She tried to move her arms and legs but something kept them down, tightly. She wiggled her fingertips and felt that she was wrapped in some kind of sticky mesh.

Her body pumping with adrenaline, Mivera finally opened her eyes to see the sticky mesh was around her face. She darted her eyes side to side and saw a sword had fallen over to her left. She wiggled her body side to side, crawling closer to the sword.

A loud hissing sound startled Mivera and she ceased her movements. She saw an extremely large spider hissing and inspecting other bundles, which Mivera took a wild guess were the company.

Out of nowhere a sword is unsheathed and stabs the spider and it cries and falls to the ground. Other spiders heard it fall and quickly rushed to the floating sword, trampling over Mivera.

She took advantage of them being distracted and crawled as fast as she could to the abandoned sword. She nudged it with her hip, pushing the hilt of it down to a lower patch of moss. Mivera then rolled carefully over the extended point, cutting the webs and setting her free.

She went onto her hands and knees, still shaking off whatever those creatures injected into her. She felt something grab her shoulder and in the blink of an eye she grabbed the sword and swung around.

Her sword clanged against the same dagger that fought off the spiders. She followed the arm and was surprised to see it belonged to Bilbo. She gasped,"Bilbo!" He shushed her and pointed around them at the other dwarves,"You keep a look out, I'll cut them out." Mivera nodded and tightened her grip on the sword in her hand.

She heard the dwarves grunt as the hit the ground and she couldn't help but snicker a bit, she could tell which dwarf had hit by the sound they made. Dwalin made a creature-like growl, Ori gave a high pitched squeak, and Bombur created a rather large thud and he made the sound of a horse.

Mivera laughed and helped up the frazzled Bofur as he asked,"Where's Bilbo?" A little voice above them said,"Up here!" Mivera smiled when she saw the last unopened bundle jerk back and forth. She set her foot on top of it and snickered,"For the sake of Durin, Thorin stop moving!" Instantly the bundle listened and was still long enough for Mivera to cut the webs.

Thorin sat up, disgusted as he pulled the webs out of his face. His eyes fell on Mivera and he quickly stood up and took her shoulders in his hands,"Are you alright? Were you bitten? Are you injured?" Mivera laughed,"Calm down Thorin, I am fine." Their reunion was cut short at the hissing sound of other spiders.

With no pause Thorin and Mivera went to the aid of their company. They fought hard, and killed many, but more and more spiders just kept arriving. Mivera reared back to strike down another spider, her arm got caught in a part of the webs. The spider seemed to laugh and came running towards her. Mivera shut her eyes, preparing for impact, but there was none.

She opened her eyes to see he dead body of the spider laying a few feet in front of her, an arrow imbedded between its front two eyes. Suddenly elves came bursting through the trees, taking down one spider after another. Somehow the elves had grouped the dwarves in a circle and turned in on them, arrows drawn.

One elf with pale red hair aimed his bow at Thorin. Mivera yanked her arm free and went to swing a sword at the distracted elf, but in an instant she was disarmed with an arrows point at her neck. An elf with white blonde hair smirked at her,"Do not think I won't kill you dwarf, it would be my pleasure."