42

Mivera clawed for breath. She gasped and raked her nails at her throat, gulping for air as a fish gulps for water. Her heads pounding reduced and her vision became fuzzy. Her shaking hands slowly stilled and her chest did not lift again. Mivera's eyes stared off into a land unseen by those of the living. They were murky and the pupil was a ghostly white, the whole eye glazed over like hot glass.

Thorin shot straight up to see Bilbo unlocking his cell door. Bilbo flinched a little when Thorin sat up abruptly. He furrowed his eyebrows,"Are you alright?" Thorin didn't answer and he stood up slowly. He walked to the door slowly, because his knees felt weak they were shaking so much.

He quickly moved, or shoved, the hobbit out of the way and ran to the cell that Mivera was moved to. He rammed himself into the bars and gripped them tightly,"Where is she?!" He swung the door open and stepped into the empty cell. He looked around frantically at nothing, but then a little glint caught his eye. It was her ring.

He knelt down and gingerly picked it up. Thorin held it in his palm for a moment or so before he shot to his feet and spun on his heel. He went to search for Mivera, only to ram into a body blocking the door. He looked down at the figure, expecting Bilbo or Fili and Kili, but saw an annoyed Mivera sitting on the ground.

She sent him a playful glare and pouted,"You just going to stand there, or are you going to help me off my arse?" Thorin breathed a laugh and held out his hand, gripping Mivera's tightly once she grabbed onto it.

The second Mivera was on her feet Thorin pulled her into a tight embrace. She giggled a bit,"Miss me that much?" Thorin laughed as she pulled away and patted his cheek. She pointed her thumb off behind her,"Bilbo found a way out, the company went that way."

Thorin and Mivera both sent each other curious glances as they kept descending far into the cellars of the Woodland Realm. Up ahead they heard an annoyed voice exclaim,"You're supposed to be leading us out not further in!"

Once Mivera and Thorin stepped into the light, the company confronted them. Dwalin huffed,"Wee little hobbit over there believes we are all goin to go into these barrels as our escape." Ori spoke next,"Surely the elves will find us!"

Mivera tore herself away from the three and put herself beside Bilbo. She gave him a questioning glance,"Are you certain this will help us escape?" Bilbo gave an exasperated sigh,"Yes! Yes! What I'm saying! Just please listen to me there are guards nearby!"

Mivera nodded curtly and looked over her shoulder and said forcefully,"Do as he says!" All of the company stood still for a moment, but when Mivera raised her eyebrows they each quickly got into a barrel. Mivera waited until everyone was all settled before she attempted to climb into a barrel on the top.

She starched her arms out to hold herself steady as she moved her foot around looking for a hold. Lucking she found one that fit perfectly to her foot and she hoisted up into the barrel. When she turned her face out of the barrel, she was met with Thorin's eyes.

He furrowed his brow,"Are you sure this will work?" Mivera chuckled and nodded,"Yes, we will be fine." Thorin still seemed apprehensive, but he eventually climbed into the barrel below her.

Dwalin, who was very agitated with the entire plot, gruffed,"Now what?" Bilbo couldn't help but smirk,"Hold your breath." Mivera opened her mouth to speak, but instead she ended up coughing and spitting out water. She gripped tightly to the rim off her barrel as she slowly bobbed towards where Thorin was holding the company back.

They waited until Bilbo was firmly attached to a barrel himself before they floated on. Mivera laughed and pulled him into the barrel with her, for they was plenty room, and smirked,"Well done Master Baggins." Bilbo just gave her a smile of small appreciation before glancing back at the water before them.