Kabanata 45

This is the last chapter of All I Have to Give. Salamat po sa mga nag-abang at sumuporta sa unang istorya ng Absinthe. I hope to see you until the end of the series. Thank you so much lovies!

Kabanata 45

Gift

It wasn’t easy dealing with life here in the Philippines. For me, it was just a temporary thing. Eventually becomes a part of the past. Just like how my dad ended his relationship with my mom.

I was three when they decided it was better for them to separate. I was fucking torn in between. Funny how I am looking forward to spending my childhood nights beside them; kissing them on the cheeks and saying good night. Those ideas popped out like a bubble because my dad ruined everything for me. He made me stay in Greece, forced me to obey him because that’s what I am really born for. To satisfy him and obey him in all of his commands.

I got used to it. Hating him and yet obeying him at the same time. I couldn’t get away from his grip. I was his dog. Never treated me as his son, really. Not until he made me a deal with me. A deal that made me hates him less and still thinks of him as a father. He allowed me to be with mom at least for four years or less after all he owes it to her.

“ Do you really think father could change, mom? I’ve been with him for years. I know every twist and turns of his guts. He had sent me here for a reason!”

I glared at the neat white wall. I’ve seen red spots in them as I thought of how cruel my dad was for being such a father. However, Mom believes he had change.

I inwardly scoffed. Mom wasn’t with me through the years I had been with him. Truly I could thank him for the education and money but that’s all. I don’t need a man who’d just give me what I need after I did favors for him.

I sighed when I felt the soft caress of my mother’s hand on my shoulder. I somehow felt home whenever I am with her.

“ Stop it, anak. Stop hating your father. What’s important now is that you’re here with me. Isn’t it enough?”

The scorching fire, melted. Just like that. Mom would always be that soothing liquid that will put out the fire, ready to burn me. She was my weakness. That’s why father used her as a bait to get to me because he knows what I could do when my mom’s been involved in anything else.

But everything changed when I met an angel wrapped in a simple white shirt that turns out to be now on a shade of dirty white, a pair of jeans and green slippers. Her hair was pulled back in a ponytail and some strands fell off at the side of her pale sweaty face.

An angel brought down by the heavens.

I knew she was different from the girls I’ve met. She was fierce in those doe-shaped brown eyes, her nose flaring whenever she’s pissed and her cheeks were in shade of bright red as she spoke calmly and yet I noticed how she perfectly suppressed her emotions. I wanted to crack up and just stare at her all day. Everything about her was warm around me.

“ She’s cute, I guess.” I heard Rogan said as he eyed Raya from afar. I stared back at where she was effortlessly standing along with her friend. She tucked a loose hair on her ear and stared back at her friend who was busy talking. She pouted her lips before smiling, her perfect set of teeth showing.

How could she look so beautiful without exerting too much effort into it?

I bit my lower lip as I openly stared at her. Damn, I already lost it.