4

kelsey

i arrived home and my drunk father was sitting on the couch, "go clean the dishes." he ordered and i nodded, walking over to the kitchen and placing my phone on the counter.

i washed a couple dishes and then my phone lit up, that never happens. it was a text from joey.

hey kelsey

i didnt hesitate to text back, this is the first text ive gotten my whole life from anyone but my dad and joeys been oddly nice to me seeing that he is a jock and jocks normally only go for the popular girls.

hi

i answered him and then stood there, smiling to myself at the fact that he was actually texting me. i bit my lip as i stared at the blue and grey bubble on the screen. he was typing back and my heart skipped.

what time can we ft?

ft? whats that? i clicked on safari and typed in, "ft." oh. facetime.

i dont know yet

okay just lmk

lmk? im gonna have to start figuring these things out on my own. once again i tapped on the safari icon and saw that it means "let me know."

i finished washing the dishes and walked up 4 of the 8 stairs to my room when my father called me again, "kelsey!"

"yes father?" i said running to him.

"whos...joey?" he asked. how does he know? i shook as a searched for a response.

"hes a boy from school, were working on an english project together." i said quietly, not making eyecontact with him.

"what do you think i was born yesterday?!" he raised his voice.

"no sir." i answered.

"you lied!" he yelled, "wanna know what happens to liars?" he said.

"um...no."

"give me that!" he roared, refering to the phone.

i put my hand out with my phone in it and he snatched it out of my hand, probably deleting joeys contact. "we stop the problem, then make sure that we learn a lesson." he finished, standing up. tears already started forming at the brims of my eyes from fear.

he punched me straight in the face, probably making my nose bleed and then punched me in the stomach, making me fall into the table. he pushed me onto the ground and spit on my face, then kicked my ribs and legs abour 17 times. when he finally stopped he hollered again, "go to your room and dont come down! not for dinner! not for school! not unless i tell you!"

i whimpered and nodded, walking back up the stairs and to my room.

kelsey? can we ft now?

no, bye

a tear slipped my eye as i hit the "block this caller button and deleted his texts.