11

kelsey

i dont know why but this feeling came over me last night and i had to thank him, i couldnt be mad.

i crawled out of bed and went downstairs to see joey had just woken up too. i went into the kitchen, "cereal?" i asked.

"um... yeah sure thats fine." he took a deep breath.

"okay." i furrowed my eyebrows at his awkwardness.

"look im sorry for telling mrs. stratford, i shouldve asked you first." he sighed.

"slept on it?" i giggled, pouring the milk over the lucky charms.

"what? oh um yeah." he said fixing his shirt and walking over to the island.

i made myself some coffee and sat down on the chair across from him and sat in a pretzel.

"i was mad at you..." i took a breath, "but then i realized that my dad was the biggest fucking dick ever known and that he deserves to be in prison."

"wheres your mom?" he asked, "uh... you dont have to tell me, its just... im curious." i think he felt awkward because he could see my face bruises and stuff and now he knew what caused them.

"uhhh." i took a deep breath, "i dont know. she left us."

"oh..." he looked down. "you know my dad left us too, he was having an affair with another lady. not that you should feel pity for me, its just i know how it feels. well, kinda..." he rattled off.

i decided to change the subject, "you can take a shower after me, i need my hair to dry." i said and got off of the chair and walking into the shower.

joey

i dont know what the fuck is wrong with me. she probably thinks im a fucking creep.

while she was showering i went on my phone, lena had texted me.

where are you?

im at kelseys house

wtf why

i know about her bruises, i feel bad for her now

oh, maybe i should cut myself for you to care so much about me

kelsey is just a friend lena dont say that

k ill see you in school

honestly, i dont love lena, i know i dont. soon ill break up with her but i cant let her think its because of kelsey.

"joey!" she yelled, snapping me out of my trance, "you can come shower!"

i walked up the stairs and turned a corner, leading me down a path to the bathroom where kelsey was standing with a towel draped around her body.

"turn it clockwise to off or colder, left is to make it hotter. the shampoo, conditioner, and body wash are all on those left shelves." she pointed. they mustve been her fathers. right after she left the bathroom and i undressed myself and got into the shower. when i was finished i put on a grey champion shirt and blue ripped jeans. i walked over to the sink, brushed my teeth, washed my face, and fixed my hair. then i walked out of the room and knocked on kelseys door, "can i come in?"

"sure." i heard.

i opened the door and she was drying her hair by a mirror, she wore jeans and a long sleeved sweater.

"wont you get hot in that sweater?" i asked.

"doesnt matter." she shrugged and rolled up her sleeved, putting neosporin on her wounds. he mustve kicked her a lot because there were so many cuts and bruises along her arm. "these will heal in a week." she sighed.

i nodded and sat on her bed, she had a pretty decent sized house for an abused girl with a low life father.

"do you want me to drive you to school everyday? so you dont have to take the bus." i asked.

"really?" she questioned.

"yeah sure, you dont live too far away."

"thanks joey." she smiled and put neosporin on her nose.

after that, we got into the car and drove off to school.