38

kelsey

i woke up from our famous "cuddle nap" that we seem to have a lot. but i just laid there on joeys chest for a couple minutes, not feeling a need to get up.

joeys eyes opened up also and as soon as he gets up he always checks to see if im still there next to him. i still had my eyes closed, but i squinted them open a little so that i could see him, but he thought i was still asleep. he chuckled and kissed my forehead.

"morning baby i saw your eyes open." he giggled.

"too tired." i groaned.

"come on get up lets start our day."

i honestly didnt wanna leave his grasp. i felt safe when he held me and i never wanted him to let go.

"no please can we just lay here all day?"

"why?" he asked.

"because..." i sighed.

"because why?"

"i feel safe right now. really safe and i dont wanna move. i wanna feel this safe forever." i took a breath.

"okay." he said, "youre gonna be by yourself eventually. otherwise well get sick of each other." he laughed.

"yeah just not today, please..."

"fine, but ill keep you safe wherever, even when you arent laying on me." he giggled.

"i know." i sighed and squeezed him only a little bit tighter.

"can we at least order breakfast?" he asked, "or can we go get dunkin?"

"yeah." i took a breath.

i stood up and grabbed a tight white crop top from my closet. i turned my back to joey. i had bruises on my boobs and i didnt want him to see them. i heard him stand up and stand behind me.

"ive seen you with your shirt off before kelsey, you dont need to turn around." he giggled.

"not right now." i said.

"come on." he said and moved my shoulders to turn me around. i covered my boobs.

"joey please." i said. "i dont look the same and you might now find me attractive anymore."

"what are you talking about, ill always find you attractive, boobs or no boobs." he said.

i put my hands by my side and turned my head, i cant look at him.

"he did this?" he asked.

"uh...yeah." i sighed.

he held my chin and turned my face to touch him, "i love you."

i looked down and a tear slipped out.

"its never gonna be the same." i cried.

"what is?"

"sex. my virginity is gone for nothing. i wanted it to be with you, you wanted it to be you, we wanted it. im never gonna be able to do it without thinking about all the bad ways he made me feel." i sniffled.

"kelsey." he held my hands, "we did want it and he is a fucking douchebag for taking it but i still feel the same about you. my feelings for you havent changed, if anything they got stronger. you shouldnt feel obligated to have your virginity for me. but you dont deserve to feel that way and im sorry..." he looked into my watery eyes, his were brimmed with tears too.

i leaned in and kissed his lips, "i love you too."

the door bell rang and we both ran down the stairs. he opened the door and a middle aged couple was standing at the door, of my house. the man had black hair and was chubby and the woman had blonde hair and looked gentle.

"neil, anika..." joey said.

"hey can we talk to you two, kelsey?" the man looked at me.

"yeah come in." joey said, i felt scared and unsafe.

joey held my hand and we stood across from them.

"hi kelsey im anika and this is my husband neil, were charles parents and wed like to have a nice conversation with the both of you. we are aware that joey beat up our son and wed like to know why, all we could dig up from charles was that joey was protecting you." she looked caring and concerned while neil looked angry and unsympathetic.

"kelsey do you feel comfortable telling them what he did to you or do you want me to?" joey asked.

"i got it." i gulped and looked up as a tear ran down my face. "there was a party, a couple days ago at your house. i went alone because joey had a headache." i looked up at joey, then back to them, "charles gave me a drink with a pill in it and ive never had a drink in my life so i didnt know what it was. he asked me about joey and my sex life and i told him that i was a virgin. after that he dared me to chug my drink and i started feeling loopy. then he raped me from the front and from the back." i took a huge breath, "then he left the room and i cried in ther for a couple minutes. i attempted to leave the party but he antagonized me and made me feel like the bad person, he told me that i cheated on joey so i smacked him. joey showed up but i was so mad that i left..."

anika was crying, "we dont know that any of this is true." neil said.

"wanna show them?" joey asked, "its up to you."

i nodded, "its okay." i lifted up my shirt and showed them my breast bruises, around my bra. "when he was cumming he squeezed my boobs and then told me that i wouldnt remember and honestly i wish i didnt."

"how do we know he didnt do this to you." neil pointed to joey.

"me?!" joey furrowed his eyebrows. "you think i raped my fucking girlfriend?! your family is insane and your son is a rapist and your blaming it on me?! get your son some help and stop worrying about me."

"it wasnt joey." i said looking straight at anika. "you know it wasnt i can see it in your eyes." i sighed, "im not taking this to court because its done with, my virginity is gone because of your son and theres no going back. spend the money that you would be spending on charges to therapy for charles, dont let this happen to anyone else, let me be the last one he tortures for his own pleasure."

"we dont even kn-"

"get out, get the fuck out." joey pointed to the door, "now!"

anika hugged me as neil was leaving, "im so sorry." she cried.

"thank you." i said and then she left.

joey pulled me into his arms and i let it all out.

"want me to go get dunkin, you can stay here?" he asked.

"no i wanna come in the car." i said.

"ok lets go."