34

joey

i got a text so i opened it.

"you and a lucky girl are invited to my house party tonight - charles"

charles is my best friend but were kinda drifting because hes literally using me for clout because all the girls love me and nobody likes him.

i dont really wanna go to be honest.

kelseys eyes started to open and she turned over and smiled at me, "what time is it?"

"its 8" (pm) i kissed her head.

"damn we slept for long." she giggled.

"yeah um, charles invited me to his house party tomight but i dont think ima go though so i can stay here with you." i smiled.

"are you kidding?!" she gasped, "joey ive never been to a party can we please go??"

"you can." i shrugged.

"what?" she asked.

"you go im not coming."

"why are you acting like this?" she knitted her eyebrows.

"partys arent all that and i dont wanna go."

"okay fine then i will go by myself." she got up.

i feel like im lowkey making a mistake, people get insane at these parties. on the other hand, im not dealing with charles tonight.

i stood up from her bed, "okay."

kelsey

is joey kidding me right now?! first he acts hella rude and now hes gonna let me go to a party by myself, whats wrong with him. i wanna go to this party but i wanna go with him and hes just acting like a jerk.

"ill see you tomorrow." he said and walked out of my house, i stayed silent.

i know where charles house is because one day i passed it and he was outside playing basketball.

i showered and then grabbed a black tight dress and heels and fixed my hair, then i did a natural makeup look and i was ready to go, it was already 9:30.

i cant believe joeys actually not going with me but i have to prove to him that i can do things without him.

i got into my car and drove to charles house and by the time i got there the block was filled with cars and there were already people drunk and high all around.

i got out of my car and walked over to the house and was expecting to see joey there waiting for me but he wasnt, he really didnt come. instead i saw charles and a couple of his friends all look me up and down from head to toe which made me super uncomfortable.

i walked up to the door and attempted to walk in but charles blocked me.

"so youre just gonna walk in without saying hi to the host? thats a little rude dont you think?" he smirked.

"sorry, hi." i said.

"who are you may i ask?"

"im kelsey autumns, joeys girlfriend."

all his friends "oooo" ed.

"joey birlem?"

"yes." i nodded.

"where is he?" he smirked again.

"he didnt come, i dont know why." i looked down.

"okay well itll be okay, why dont i show you around the house?"