8

kelsey

i got home and as soon as i walked into the house my dad threw me up against the wall, making me wince since i already had bruises on my stomach and ribs.

"who the fuck did you tell!?" he hollered.

"what?" i asked. i seriously dont know what hes talking about.

"the school called! someone reported abuse. who did you fucking tell kelsey?! i will kill you!" he screamed in my face, spitting unintentionally.

"i didnt tell anyone, i swear." i cried.

"theyre having an examination this afternoon, you better clean yourself up!" he yelled.

this is it. if i piss him off, hell beat me until the people come, then theyll realize hes a bad guy and send me to a foster care or my moms or something.

"i wouldnt have to clean myself up if you werent such a jerk!" i screamed.

he punched me in the face and continued to beat me until the doorbell rang, "get up!" he bellowed.

i slowly stood up, my body aching. he walked to the door and opened it, "hey."

"hi, mr. autumns?"

"yes."

"is kelsey here, we need to speak to her in private."

"yes, ill bring her out, wait a minute." he smiled and walked over to me, grabbing my arm, "tell them anything and i will kill you." he shoved me out the door.

"kelsey." the lady gulped, looking at me helplessly.

"there was a complaint that you have been getting bullied, is this true?" i think i recognized her as my guidance counselor. i nodded my head no, "is anything going on at home?" i took a deep breath and nodded my head again. "so are you hurting yourself?" she asked and i nodded again. "then whats going on sweetie?" she furrowed her eyebrows and looked at me with guilty eyes.

"i-i cant tell you." i sighed.

"you can tell us anything, we will stop your problem. our biggest concern is your safety and if you tell us right now we can help you." she said.

"i was threatened not to say anything." i looked down, a tear falling out.

"itll be okay, i promise." she said.

"m-my dad..." i cried.

"its okay." she hugged me. "its over now, we can get you out of the house we just needed you to admit it."