20

kelsey

"mom?"

she had been crying so she sniffled and looked over at me.

"its gonna take me a little, to forgive you. we both have to work really hard but i cant do it right away its just not possible. what you did was selfish and i was beaten every single day because of it. but at the end of the day, youre my mom."

she sighed, "im so sorry kelsey. youre right about everything and just know that youre amazing and it isnt your fault that your father and i are terrible parents."

i looked down, "i missed you."

"i missed you too, now talk, whos that handsome boy downstairs?"

joey

i waited on the couch pondering about the fact that kelsey never told me that her 17th birthday is tomorrow. i just assumed that she was already 17 like me.

i figured out the perfect plan just in time as karen and kelsey came down the stairs.

kelsey

"hey joey, id like you to officially meet my mom, karen. and mom this is my boyfriend, joey."

they smiled and joey put his hand out to shake hers but she hugged him instead. my mom believes that hes already fanily and that you dint shake hands with family, unless youre guys of course.

"im gonna go run some final errands." she smiled at me and left.

"why didnt you tell me your 17th birthday was tomorrow?!" joey yelled.

"everyones always forgotten about it and i have started to too." i shrugged.

"im gonna make it super special." he smirked as i rolled my eyes at his mysterious plan.