2. Reunion?

• Đã dành riêng cho Kaede

Saki Amaya could do nothing but stare.

Well, she probably could've run if she tried hard enough, but her legs were stuck in place by something invisible she wished weren't there.

Mifune stood before her, looking almost exactly like he had the day she left, only his face was one of shock and pain--not love.

His light hair was a bit shorter, if only by an inch, and his stance was still lean and poised--ready for anything. His dark eyes glazed over when he saw her, widened, and finally returned to their original glazed state, unseeing and uncomprehending.

Saki stared at him, unsure of what else to do. She memorized the graceful dips of his neck, and how tall he stood, possibly taller than before. She felt like a dwarf, even in her heels.

I guess some things never change, she thought.

"Saki," he managed, his eyes showing everything she feared. Mifune still loved her, and she doubted that would ever change. She had been foolish, hoping that maybe time would help them grow apart.

If only.

When Saki finally got a hold of herself, she had the sense to run. She would've gotten far too, if Mifune weren't faster. He caught hold of her wrist, spinning her around.

"Please," she whispered. "I can't do this right now, Mifune. I can't."

"You can't or you won't?" his eyes flashed with resentment, if only for a moment, and it cut straight toward her heart, hurting her in unimaginable ways.

She said nothing as Mifune stared at her hand, still in his grip. She whimpered upon seeing the engagement ring resting on her finger, and Mifune quickly dropped her wrist.

"I can't believe you," he was all but yelling now, and a few students were stopped in the hallway to stare. "I thought... I thought--"

"What?" she cut in, trying with everything she had to act hateful toward the man before her. "That I would come back here to be with you again? Oh please, Mifune. I've moved on. I suggest you do the same."

With that, the Meister was gone, sprinting faster than she ever had, all to get away from the one person she cared for the most.