Beth~ Chapter 4

"Rose wait" I heard myself shouting.

"What's her problem" Will asked.

"Just wait here I'll be back in a min"

"Urrh ok" I heard will say in the distance but I was too focused on catching up with Rose.

When I got outside I could see Rose down the street getting into her car. "Rose wait" I shouted but she just ignored me.

I ran and got inside her car. "Go back to your boyfriend" she spat.

I had known this girl for two days yet she was so special to me I felt like I was losing her. I grabbed hold of her face and pressed my lips to hers. I didn't know what I was doing but I felt electric in my stomach that was until she pulled away.

"Don't fucking kiss me when you have a boyfriend in there waiting for you to go back and kiss him I'm not getting played"

"Rose it's not like that-"

"No cause that's what it fucking looks like, you could have said something there and then to him but you didn't. I don't know what you want from me but I think it's best you leave" Rose seemed upset and angry I dunno what she expected me to do.

"Rose please just listen"

She turned away and looked out of the window. I grabbed hold of her hand and made her look at me. "Rose I haven't even known you 48hrs yet I'm still here prepared to do anything for you to give me a chance. I just need some time to sort this out. I don't know how you feel but I know that when I'm with you I'm a lot happier than when I'm not so please just wait for me"
I asked feeling tears fall down my cheek. I don't know what I was doing or thinking. "Just give me 10 minutes and if I'm not back here you can leave?"

"Go" She spoke angrily

"Rose pl-"

"Get out" She didn't have to tell me again.

I walked back into the arcade and saw Will standing there smiling. I wiped away my tears and hoped who wouldn't notice.

"Hey sorry about that, I'm really tired could you drop me off to my car I left it at Starbucks," I asked.

"Why is your car at... never mind sure but first I want one game at basketball" he laughed and I smiled seeing him happy still made me happy. Maybe I should just stick to the safe option.

Will had a quick go at the basketball trying to beat the high score Rose had set.

"Whoever set this high score must be amazing I bet he plays basketball professionally" will obliviously said.

"What make you think it was a guy, girls can play to" I spoke slightly irritated.

"Yeh maybe anyway let's get out of here" I agreed as I couldn't wait to get home.

When I opened my front door I felt my phone ring, for a second I thought it might have been Rose, but it was my dad saying he would be late home and I would have to make my own dinner. I sighed I just dug out a pot noodle they always made me feel better. I felt like an idiot. I shouldn't have lead Rose on when I had a boyfriend and I definitely shouldn't have kissed her. It felt so good though. I sent Rose a text and decided to call it a night.

Beth- I'm so sorry about tonight please don't ignore me I need to talk to you. X

Rose POV:

A few days had passed since my last encounter with Beth. I never replied to her text as I knew it was best to leave her alone. She would eventually regret what happened and go back to her boyfriend.

Today was Friday the last day of college before a much needed weekend. It had been rumoured that they were releasing the woman's squad today so we all had to meet at football training. I had made a new friend named Viktoria and I was sure she would make the team. She had a boyfriend called jack who seemed really cool. I had told Viktoria about Beth and she advised me to just give it time.

We were all waiting on the pitch listening to the coaches usual "everyone was so good and it was such a hard decision Blah blah blah" and finally he released the team. Like I thought Viktoria had made the team playing our only striker. I searched down to the goalkeeper spot and was proud to see my name.

"Well done tori! I knew you would make it!" I said to my newfound friend.

"And You Rose, I can't wait to get started" she smiled "oh I and jack are going bowling tonight and I wondered if u wanna come?"

"No offence but I don't really feel like third wheeling" I laughed but was pleased I was invited.

"Well bring someone with you, make up with your girl and meet us there at 6" I gave her a stern look, my girl I thought.

As much as I wished she was I didn't even know if Beth still liked me let alone if she still had a boyfriend.

"I don't know I might give it a miss tonight, maybe we could go sometime next week"

"Well it's your loss but sure we can rearrange for another time," she said giving me a smile "but seriously you need to talk to Beth"

"I know"

I got home and went straight up to my room wanting to avoid any conversation with my mum.

"Oh darling Mr Cliffs daughter came over about an hour ago asking for you, I said you would be home some so sent her up to your room, I didn't think you were going to be so long" my mum shouted up as I was about to reach my room. Great. Fan fucking tastic.

I opened my door and sure enough, Beth was sat on the edge of my bed. "Wait before you tell me to go away let me speak"

I shut my door and dumped my bag on the floor. I was still in my training kit from earlier and was covered in mud. "I wasn't going to tell you to go away" I knew we needed to talk. "But I really need a shower so your gonna have to wait"

I had my own bathroom that was connected to my bedroom so quickly got in washing away all the mud. Once I had finished I realised I didn't have a towel. "Shit" I stood there trying to cover my body with my arms.

"Urrrh Beth I don't suppose you could grab my towel it's on the radiator in my room" I heard an ok and I was later greeted by a red-faced Beth.

Beth POV:

"Urrh Beth I don't suppose you could grab my towel it's on the radiator in my room" I heard rose shout from her bathroom.

"Ok" well this was going to be awkward. As I walked in I saw rose trying to cover her body with her arms. I threw her the towel and she quickly wrapped it around her. I couldn't stop looking at her.

She had even more tattoos than I thought. She had a sleeve going from her hand to her shoulder oh her right arm and some more on her thigh. And her body was amazing she had defined six pack abs that looked amazing with her tanned skin.

Rose caught me staring. "My eyes are up here" we both laughed remembering that's what I said at the restaurant.

"Sorry" I spoke as I was about to leave.

"Don't be?" Rose said quietly.

"Right as I'm fully dressed maybe we can actually talk now" rose laughed trying to lighten the mood.

"Yeh like I said I'm sorry about the other night I don't know what I was doing," I said speaking the truth. "Oh and I broke up with Will yesterday as I knew it wasn't fair on either of you"

"I never asked for you to do that" rose said looking guilty.

"I know but it was the right thing to do"

"So what now," Rose asked sitting down next to me.

"I don't know"