What i would do for you

It was starting to get late and there was still no sign of Rose. I got back at 7pm but have been staring at my laptop for at least 2 hours. Rose hadn't replied to any of my texts and I was starting to get worried. She never told me she was going out so I just assumed she was at the gym or on a run, but the longer she was missing made it more obvious that she was elsewhere. I phoned Kelley up to see if she had heard anything but I had no luck. Next I tried Amber.

S- Hey Amber I was just wondering if you had seen Rose anywhere?

A- Nope last I saw her was at training. Are you ok? What's happened?

S- Nothings happened I just don't know where she is and she's been gone awhile.

I was starting to get more and more worried. It was unlike Rose to just go out on her own without telling anyone.

A- Do you want me to come over and we can go look for her?

Before I could reply I heard a key in the door an Rose came stumbling in with another girl.

A- Hello?

S- Don't worry she's here I'll text you later bye.

I hung up and gave Rose a confused face.

"What's going on?" I asked slightly annoyed and puzzled.

"It's not what it looks like, I saw Rose out and she wasn't in a good state so I brought her back here as she said she was staying here for now as she didn't have a home" the girl answered quickly a little embarrassed.

"Thank you Beth" Rose slurred. It finally clicked. I knew I recognised the girl.

"You must be Sam?" The girl asked and I slowly nodded. "Don't worry im not holding any grudges tonight I only want to help"

"Ok thank you" I replied carefully and walked over to Rose who was obviously a drunken mess. "I've got it now you can leave if u want"

"Umm ok, just one question?" I furrowed my eyebrows. "It's none of my business but did you guys fight or I dunno? What happened for her to get like this?" Beth asked concerned.

I sighed as rose collapsed on the bed, "her mum passed a few days ago and like expected she hasn't taken it very well" I saw Beth's face drop.

"Oh wow Umm I'm sorry I don't want to intrude but when she wakes can you get her to call me?" Beth asked shyly.

"I think it's best if she doesn't have anymore complications in her life" I muttered back. I knew it wasn't my place to say but I couldn't help the sting of jealousy that I felt. It was an awkward conversation that I never thought would happen, especially not like this.

Beth just slowly nodded and headed out of the door. All my attention focused on Rose. She laid on the bed out of it. She looked so drained and lost. It hurt so much to see her like this. I couldn't control her emotions but it felt like she was t letting me in. She was causing herself pain to deal with the hurt and guilt she felt. "Oh Rose" I sighed gently brushing her hair out of her face. She opened her eyes slightly obviously confused. I saw a tear silently fall from her eye. She looked so lost and empty. I slowly got up and stumbled to the bathroom, I assumed it was to rid the alcohol she had consumed. I followed her into the bathroom and held her hair back as she puked anything that was left in her stomach.