Rose ~ Chapter 10

It was Tuesday morning and I had just finished in the gym. I only had one lesson today at college but that wasn't until 2 and it was only 10:36. I hadn't spoken to Beth this morning as I figured she was either asleep or at college.

I had finally recovered from my long ass hangover and decided that I'm never drinking again.

Rose- hey you, are you busy this morning? Xx

Beth- I have a few errands to run but they won't take long. How was the gym? Xx

Rose- it was the usual, meet me in Starbucks at 12? Xx

Beth-I'll be there xx

"ROSE COME DOWNSTAIRS I NEED TO TALK TO YOU ABOUT SOMETHING" my mum shouted up the stairs.

"Great" I muttered under my breath as I made my way to the kitchen. "Yeh?"

"I know it is your birthday Thursday and I know it's your big 18 but I have this really important business trip that I can't get out of I did try-"

"Mum it's fine we didn't have anything planned anyway" I sighed this happens most years that's why I hate birthdays. "Just give me a hug before you go"

"That's the thing I leave in 10mins" she sighed actually showing some emotion. "Come here" she wrapped her arms around me and pulled me close for a hug. It was the first time in years that she had given me a hug. "I'm sorry, I do care about you Rose I know you hate me"

"I don't hate you I just wish we had better circumstances" I whispered into her body. I pulled away and wiped one of her tears. I was shocked to see her like this.

"I have left your present and card on the table, I hope you have a great day" she gave me a kiss on the forehead and left.

"She's seriously leaving on your 18th birthday," Beth said shocked. We were both sat on the large Starbucks sofa on the corner as I retold the events of this morning.

"Yup, to be honest, she actually looked a little sad which never happens. And she apologised" I didn't really care whether she was here or not because it never made a difference. Even if she was here we wouldn't do anything and I would probably end up going out with my brother, apart from he's going too. This is going to be an amazing birthday.

Beth looked at me smiling "I know it's your birthday on Thursday, but I want you to have part of your present early" I looked at her in surprise as she handed me an envelope. "Open it" she pressed.

I ran my finger underneath the sealed envelope to find two plane tickets. I looked at Beth with shock. "We leave tomorrow with Zak" I felt a tear fall no one had ever been that thoughtful for me.

"Oh my god, I'm speechless..." Beth looked slightly worried as I was full on tearing.

"Did I do good?" Beth asked in a nervous tone.

I replied by pressing my soft lips against her warm strawberry lips and gently kissed her. "You did great"

I decided college was no longer important although I would have to go to football training tonight. Beth had already packed and we had planned that she stayed over mine so we could all leave early. Also, my mum wasn't home.

I came out of the closet with a selection of outfits that I wanted Beth to pick from. My bag ended up being filled with different colour t-shirts, a shirt and two pairs of jeans.

"I still can't believe you did this for me" I walked over to where Beth was sitting and straddled her lap placing my lips to hers softly "thank you."

I wrapped my arms around her waist and we stayed in this embrace for what felt like ages. "Oi, you two is it safe to come in" I heard my brother laugh from outside the door.