Spain

The flight wasn't too long as I slept most of the way. Sam had moaned that I didn't keep her company but I was so tired I could barely hold a conversation. Once we stepped out the plane the hot air hit me. It was like I was child again - excited for a family holiday down the beach eating lots of ice cream. I was caught in a day dream but was soon awoken by somebody jumping on my back.

"Long time no see stranger" Georgia laughed as she turned me around to hug her.

"Oh god" I laughed "I've missed your ugly face" Georgia gently shoved me but it was only now that she saw Sam standing next to me.

"So I see your a thing now? Your weren't any good at hiding it in the first place" Georgia laughed.

"You knew?" I questioned a little shocked.

"Well it was quite obvious whenever you saw her you had heart eyes" Georgia teased making Sam laugh.

"Urgh whatever go pester someone else" I joked.

"You want to get rid of me. Jeez I feel offended Rose" she carried on teasing.

"I'm joking let's get lunch I'm starving" I grinned.

"I'll leave you to it I'm going to go find Kelley" Sam returned walking off.

"What's wrong with her?" Georgia asked linking her arm with mine.

"I'm not sure" I whispered puzzled.

————————————————————————
Sam POV:

I really couldn't stand Georgia. I don't know how Rose was friends with her. Everything about her annoyed me. Especially the fact she had replaced me the last few months in the team. I wasn't on form and she was. That was the difference. No way did she deserve it. I walked over to Kelley who was talking to Amber. As much as I wanted to be with Rose, I needed some space.

"Oh hey Sam I've got bad news I'm afraid" great that's just what I need.

"Care to elaborate?" I questioned.

"Okay somebody's not in the mood today" Kelley laughed. "They're redoing room assignments so unlucky for you your not sharing a bed with hottie over there" Kelley winked pointing to Rose in the coffee shop queue.

"Do you know who I'm with?" I asked a little surprised.

"Yeh Georgia" Kelley carefully answered.

"Great" I muttered sarcastically.

"Umm do you know who Rose is with?"

"She's with Tori I think" I guess Rose will be happy. I was slightly annoyed but I guess it was only for a few days.

We headed to our new hotel but I wasn't looking forward to it one bit. Me and Rose had just started to rekindle our relationship and I was looking forward to some alone time- now that was interrupted by an annoying little brat. I chucked my bags into my room, not stopping to say hello to Georgia and left to get some fresh air.

Recently I had struggled with the commitments of football and fell into some bad habits- smoking being one of them. A year ago I would have cared and wouldn't have gone near a cigarette but right now it helped me escape from everything. I sat down against the wall and lit the stick that would probably ruin my career. I had a few miss calls from rose but I wanted to be on my own and I didn't want her finding out about my bad habits. After a few more calls I started to feel guilty so picked up the phone.

"What?" I answered a little shocked at my own abruptness.

"Woah I'm sorry I was worried about you apparently you stormed off. Where are you?" Rose asked concerned.

"Outside" I replied quietly.

"Yeh no shit Sherlock can you be a little more specific" Rose laughed a little.

"Behind the back of the hotel" I replied and ended the phone call.

A few minutes later I heard a familiar voice. I was zoned out and wasn't thinking straight.

"What you doing out here?" Rose questioned as she walked over but then saw the cigarette in my hand.

"Sam wh-"

"Don't even go there. I don't need a pep talk" I interrupted her knowing exactly what she was going to say.

"Well apparently you do. What if someone else saw you like one of the coaches? Why are you doing this? Why are you throwing your career down the drain" Rose questioned.

"I wouldn't quite call it throwing my career down the drain. Look if you have a problem then leave. It's not like I expected you to stay long anyway" I muttered regretting it straight away.

"Oh and what is that suppose to mean" Rose asked evidently hurt.

"You left once and there's nothing stopping you from doing it again" I returned looking at the ground.

I thought rose would be angry but instead she slid down the wall next to me.

"Well guess what. I ain't going nowhere so stop pushing me away. I'm sorry I hurt you but I won't let you hurt yourself. And this needs to stop" Rose grabbed hold of the cigarette and tossed it. "Sam you mean so much to me. I promise I'm not going to leave you" rose lifted up my chin forcing me to look at her. I didn't realise until now that I had a tear falling down my face. Rose gently wiped it away and pressed her lips softly against my forehead. "I love you Sam" rose whispered.

"I know" I returned and pressed my lips to hers. "C'mon lets get back inside it's starting to get dark"

We both got up and I grabbed roses hand spreading a smile on her face.

"Oh And I'm pretty bummed that we ain't sharing a room" rose remarked.

"Bummed?" I questioned laughing a little. "That's a new word in the Rose vocabulary bank"

"Oh shut up you know what I mean" Rose laughed and shoved me a little.

"Yeh I do. And it sucks but I'm sure you can sneak into my bed" I proposed.

"Yeh I don't think Georgia would be too happy" Rose giggled.

"Eh fuck her. If she likes you that much I'm sure she will enjoy your company just as much as me"

"Is somebody jealous?" Rose teased grinning.

"Oh shut up!"