Rose ~ Chapter 7

2 weeks have passed since I last saw Beth, our timetables clashed so we never got any spare time at college and I had football training after college. We had shared a few brief phone calls and texts but we were always cancelling on each other. It was a Saturday and I had my first match against Chelsea F.C. u20. We all knew it would be tough but we had been told there were scouts for the national team watching us so I had to put in my best performance. The game wasn't till 4 pm and it was currently 10 am and I really wanted to see a certain green-eyed girl.

Rose- hey you doing anything this morning? Xx

Beth almost immediately replied.

Beth-yeh I'm out shopping with my sister sorry x

I sighed and threw my phone on my bed but the screen lit up again.

Alfie- hey there's a party at mine tonight u wanna come?

Rose- sure got nothing better to do

Alfie- great be there at 8 oh good luck with your match later btw

Rose-cheers cya later

Me and Alfie have grown quite close over the past two weeks. He still hadn't got with Maria but it was hilarious watching him try.

The doorbell rang so I ran downstairs half hoping I would see a certain blonde standing at the door. But it was my brother. I sighed as I turned to go back upstairs.

"Oh, nice to see you too Rose" he laughed "come back here iv bought you something" he shouted up the stairs.

"Sorry I was hoping you were someone else, whatcha got?" I stood in the door frame while Zak sat on the sofa taking his shoes off.

"So you know I'm going away next week when it's your birthday, I bought your present today so u can have it now if you want?" He asked with a wide grin.

"Wait where are you going? You can't leave me with mum on my birthday!" I asked slightly irritated I hadn't been told.

"I did tell you but you obviously weren't listening" he laughed at my annoyed expression "I'm going to see dad for a few days then I have this business thing nearby for a new job" he explained.

"No you can't leave as well" I sighed "please take me with you!" I begged, I hated birthdays anyway but spending them with my mum was the worst.

"It won't be long till you will get your scholarship, now do you want your present or not?" He nodded for me to sit down as he got out a box.

"Omg are they the personalised football boots I asked for?" I was surprised he remembered.

"Yup, I thought you could wear them for your first game today" he smiled "see it as your good luck charm!" I laughed and gave him a hug.

"Are you coming to my game today?" I asked as he hardly ever gets time to watch.

"Well it's not like mums going to go and I know this is a big game for you, I'll definitely come and watch but I don't know if I can stay for the whole game. Anyway, are you gonna just look at them boots or you gonna try them on?" I laughed but was also super grateful.

"Thank you" the boots fitted perfectly.

I had told my brother everything about Beth and he thought that we were rushing into something. I partly agreed but we had only kissed.

"Is Beth coming to watch?" He asked as he left the room to get some food.

I frowned, "I haven't told her I'm playing, she's with her sister anyway they've gone shopping"