A familiar face

I felt myself walk into the nearest bar. I couldn't think straight and was still Shocked about what happened. It hurt a lot. I ordered a drink and rummaged around in my pocket for some cash but instead, I pulled out the piece of paper with a familiar number. I contemplated whether to call or leave a message, but the more I drunk, I felt my fingers typing into my phone. I pressed the mobile to my ear and felt it ring once...twice... and then I was greeted by Beth's voice.

B- hello? Beth speaking.

R-hi...

My voice was shaking but it was evident that she recognised it.

B- Rose? What's up?

R- uhh not much... I just uhh wanted to hear your voice. To be honest I don't know what I'm doing.

B- are you ok?

I laughed a little sarcastically but then felt myself sobbing. My emotions were all over the place.

B- where are you? Are you still in France?

R- Uh no. I'm in this bar near my dad's apartment.

B- you're in LA?

R- yeh although I'm starting to think it was a mistake coming here.

B- I think I know where you are, stay there and I'll be there in a bit.

R-okay.

I put the phone down and ordered another drink taking it over to a booth. I stumbled into the seat and waited for the blonde to turn up.

"Jeez Rose you need to stop this" beth exclaimed as she walked over to me. Taking my drink away she pulled me up and we walked to her car. "I'll take you back to your dads"

"I'm sorry" I muttered as I stumbled into the car.

"It's okay. But next time you feel like you want to drink, phone me because your gonna get seriously ill if this continues" Beth spoke softly. "Can I ask why you got this drunk?"

"It's a long story" I muttered and rested my head on the window. Beth just nodded knowing I didn't want to tell her.

I must have passed out because the next thing I saw was the ceiling in my room. It had strange circles on it and was a cream colour. It even looked slightly glittery. "ROSE!"

I opened the door and saw my dad and Sofia sat at the breakfast bar. "Come eat something you have training in an hour!" My dad spoke too loudly. I just sighed and grabbed some coffee. I was just about to go into my room again, thinking I was off the hook when my dad called me again "rose come here"

I sat opposite them on the breakfast bar and it felt like an interview. "Do you want to explain why Beth was here last night carrying you into bed" shit. I forget about the Beth part.

"Not really But your gonna make me anyway" I frowned looking at the disappointment on my dads face.

"Look, Rose, I can't stop you from drinking, your 18, it's your choice. However, if you carry on your gonna end up the same as your mother" he spoke harshly and that hit me hard.

"Don't compare us I'm nothing like her" my dad sighed and put his hand on my arm.

"I know your not but the drinking has to stop, ones okay But drinking until you pass out is not ok" I nodded slowly knowing he was right. "I didn't know you were talking to Beth again?" My dad asked smiling.

"It's not like that we're just... friendly, I haven't actually spoken to her soba so I don't know where we stand" I sounded just as disappointed as I felt. Beth probably thought I was a right idiot.