Explore - Rose

"Cmon, come and explore the city with me" Sam pleaded. Kelley had left us and returned to her bed so Sam tried to persuade me to go on an adventure around the city with her. "It's our last proper day we might aswell do something and also it will give us the chance to get out of here!" She gave me the bottom lip looking like a two year olds that's been told no in the candy store.

"Fine, but don't get us lost we need to be back in 2 hours" Sam immediately got up and dragged me out my seat.

"We betters get ready then" she smiled. I quickly went upstairs into my room to get dressed, noticing amber was still in bed.

"Where are you going this early?" Amber croaked with her eyes still closed.

"I'm going out was Sam to see what's around here" I shouted from the bathroom.

"You sure that's a good idea?" Amber softly moaned as I walked back into the room.

"Yeh why wouldn't it be?" I asked.

"You know that this is her last international camp and she will be called up for the woman's team Oh and also the fact she plays football in America" Amber spoke.

"Yeh well there's nothing going on between us we're just friends" I sighed I was a little shocked that she played in America.

"Ok whatever have fun" Amber sighed.

"Yes mother" I laughed leaving the room grabbing my jacket. I was wearing a plain pair of black jeans with a white nike t-shirt then my black Harrington jacket. I left my hair in a messy bun and didn't bother putting on any makeup.

Sam was waiting in the lobby downstairs. Her hair was in her signature perfect bun. She was wearing a puffer jacket and a blue pair of ripped jeans. She looked amazing.

"About time you ready?" Sam asked awakening me from my day dream. I just nodded and we both left the building.

It was freezing outside, but the city was beautiful. We walked around not saying much but enjoying the views. We got to a bridge and stopped, looking out onto the water. "You never told me you played in America?" I asked still a little upset by it.

"I thought you knew" she turned looking at me.

"No I didn't" a sad smile spread across my face. "Does this mean I probably won't see you again?" I asked not really wanting to hear the answer. I liked Sam. She was beautiful funny and very talented. If circumstances were different something more could have happened between us.

"You won't get rid of me that easily" she smiled "and besides I thought you wanted to play in America".

"Yeh I do but I'm still at college" I frowned. Sam just smiled.

"It won't be long until you finish and a team in the states would be crazy not to give you your scholarship!" She put her hand on my arm. "Also I'm pretty certain you will get the England woman's call up when it comes" she smiled. "Come here" she wrapped her arms around me. We stayed embraced on the bridge for what felt like ever. Our bodies moulded into one and nothing mattered in that moment. Sam pulled away briefly still holding me close and our eyes locked. Her brown glistening eyes stared down into my blue ones. Sam carefully started to lean in giving me a chance to pull away if i wanted. Her warm lips softly brushed mine sending a wave of butterflies through my body. My legs went weak at the touch and I was glad she was still holding onto me. Our lips locked together synchronising each other's movement. It was slow and didnt last long but it spoke so many words.

"I'm going to miss you" I whispered softly.

"Me too and if circumstances were different-"

"I know" I smiled pulling her close to me again. When our lips connected nothing mattered, all my thoughts were gone. Beth had moved on, maybe I could to.