2

Jax

"Is everything ready to go tonight?" I ask as I look over the bar, checking for any missing details that my VP, Axel, could have missed. "I'm expecting a full house tonight. I don't want any mistakes."

"Everything's done, man," He says as he gestures around me. "Look at this thing. It's fucking perfect."

"It better be," I tell him as I walk behind the bar to grab a glass of rye. "I really want this to work out. You know how important this place is to me." I lift the bottle, offering him a glass and he nods. 

"Yeah, Jax. I get it. It's important to all of us. Your dad was a good man. It's a shame he ain't here today to celebrate its opening like he wanted to." I nod, sliding the glass to him. 

Taking a sip, I look around. This is my father's dream. He always wanted a place for his family - the Sons of Silence - to just have a place to chill out on a Friday night. He worked diligently at this for a year, until his untimely death last month. A death that shouldn't have even happened at the hands of Will Myers. 

"Hey man, time to get out of your head, eh?" Axel says, snapping me from my thoughts. "Tonight's gonna be a good night. We got that fucking awesome band playing. I'm sure the place will be packed. And just think of all the fucking pussy just waiting for us, eh?" A large, shit-eating grin forms on his face. 

I chuckle, shaking my head. "Yeah, man." 

"Speaking of," He says, nodding his head towards the door. "Duty calls. See ya tonight."

He winks before walking towards the door. Adalyn, a gorgeous bleached blonde tramp who is well-known for her...mouth...is leaning against the door in a scrap of clothing that barely covers her tits and shorts so short, I'm pretty sure her pussy is hanging out. 

But that's just how Axel likes them. I don't think he will ever settle down. In the thirty years I've known him, he has always been moving from one girl to the next. I don't think he even knows what it means to be committed to someone. 

I mean, his father wasn't much of a role model. Jared Davids is anything but a loyal man and even at fifty-two, he still plays the field just as much as his son.

Sighing, I place our glasses in the sink and wipe the counter down. The only change I made was allowing my mother to add pictures to the boring wood surface. 

'It's our history,' she told me as I watched her glue the final picture down. 'It's the story of how we got here and I don't want anyone to ever forget it.'

There are pictures of my grandfather, Jackson Cruz - the founder of Sons of Silence. He's standing with Axel's grandfather and his wife. There are pictures of our fallen, including my father, Jackson Cruz - better known as Jack -  who died at the old age of fifty-one. 

I can't help the frown that forms on my face as I look down at my father. He isn't smiling. No, he wasn't that kind of man. However, he was someone I looked up to and I really do miss him. 

No matter how much of a pussy that makes me. 

"He'd be really proud of you," My mother says from behind me. "You've been doing great things here."

I feel her hand on my shoulder as she steps beside me. "Yeah, I hope so," I say gruffly, trying to hide the emotion I'm feeling. "I just want to do right by him."

"And you will, Jaxon. Believe me, you will."