18

Roxanne

"But that all fucking changed when you found me on the side of the road," I say, wiping away my tears. I'm desperately trying to reason with him. I need him to see the truth. I need him to see how much I care about him. 

"That day changed everything. Before that day, you were just some hot guy I kissed in the middle of a bar who just so happened to be my father's archnemesis." I chuckle humourlessly. "But that day, I realized you were so much more. 

"We have a connection - you and I," I gesture between us. "Something that not a lot of people have. We get one another. We work well together. We just fit. You're my soulmate. And I can't lose you." I whimper out that last part. 

"I wake up every single day with you on my mind and I go to sleep every night with thoughts of you. You are in every one of my thoughts and you are the stare of every one of my dreams." I pause, taking a deep breath. "You consume my life, Jaxon Cruz. You are my everything. 

"I even masturbate thinking of you."

He chuckles and my heart soars at the sound. 

"I didn't know I was missing something until I met you, Jaxon. I need you and I think you need me too." I say. "Please believe me when I say, I didn't rat on you to my father or my brother. I would never to that. You have to know me by now. You have to know that I wouldn't do that. Especially not to you."

"That's the thing, Roxanne," He says coolly. "I don't know you at all. I have no fucking idea who you are. You are a stranger to me."

Tears run down my eyes as another sob escapes my throat. "Jaxon-"

"Enough talking, Roxanne," He says as he pulls a gun from his waistband. I stare at it as it hangs limply at his side for a few minutes before he raises it slowly until it's pointed at my head. "You've left me with no choice here." 

"I'm so sorry."

"Your sorries mean nothing to me."

"I know, but I have to say them. I have to, Jaxon." I tell him, looking deep into his eyes. Any affection he once had for me is long gone. It's just dark, emptiness in those eyes now. 

I close my eyes. "I love you," I whisper to him as I wait for the gunshot that will be ending my life any moment now. 

But it never comes. 

After a few minutes, I open my eyes to see Jaxon on his knees in front of me - the gun on the ground beside him. He's so fucking broken and it tears my heart from my chest. 

I did this. This is my fault. 

"Jaxon," I whisper as I crawl slowly towards him, not wanting to make any quick, threatening movements.

"Why?" He whispers back as he looks up at me. "How can you say those words after everything you have done?"

"Because it's the truth and I couldn't die without saying them to you at least once."

He shakes his head. "It's impossible."

"It's the truth. I do love you."

"No you don't."

"I do, Jaxon. I absolutely do." I say between sobs. "I love you so fucking much."

"Stop."

"You are everything to me. I don't want to live in this world without you. I love you."

"Please stop."

"I can't stop. Not until you believe what I'm saying!" I tell him. "I'm not lying. I swear it. I'm not lying."