6

Jax

"Will you stay?" The words escape me before I even have a chance to think. 

Roxanne looks up at me in surprise, her eyes wide with shock and mouth slightly agape. "Oh," She whispers and I feel like the simple sound was a stab to the heart. 

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have asked."

"No!" She says, scrambling towards me. She places a soft hand on my cheek and makes me look at her. "I didn't mean that as I wouldn't. You just surprised me. I would love to."

"You don't have to," I tell her, although all I want is for her to be here with me tonight. 

"I want to." She smiles that beautiful smile that I've come to adore already. 

"Come, I'll drive." Grabbing her hand, I interlace our fingers and guide her out of the bar to my bike. She let's go of me and makes a gesture signalling 'one minute' as she jogs over to her bike and grabs the helmet I gave her along with a small wallet.

She smiles as she returns to me, her hand back in mind. We walk in silence to my bike. I get on first, followed by her. She wraps her arms around my torso and lays her head on my back. The smile on my face is beaming and I am sure I look like an utter idiot. 

I don't care. 

Starting the engine, I take off and we head to my house which is only a short, five-minute drive away. I don't live in a gated community or a huge house that is used by the club because that's just ridiculous. I don't need a huge place to live. I just need the basics and this is what this house provides. 

Well, that and a huge garage. I couldn't live without that thing. 

I press the button to open the garage door, entering it once it's up high enough for us to get through. When we enter, I hear Roxanne gasp behind me. She doesn't even wait for me to stop the bike, hopping off the back to go admire one of my cars.

"It's Lucille's sister!" She squeals, running her hand along the blackened surface of my '68 Chevy Impala. "I have a '69. She's like, an iridescent silver, but your's looks amazing. Never thought of black with the dark tint like that."

I smile as I watch the girl admire the car - touching every little detail exclusive to it and excitably talking about hers versus mine. From what I gather, hers is more original versus my expensive custom. 

"It's nice to see a girl with good tastes in cars."

"Yeah, well you will never see me in one of those ridiculous sports cars that they make these days. Nothing will ever be like these beauties. I'll be a mom with three kids and still driving Lucille." She says and I smile. 

Grabbing her wrist, I turn her around to face me and trap her against the car. She smiles as she slowly runs her hands up my chest, wrapping them around my neck. "You're fucking perfect," I whisper, smirking when I light blush forms on her cheeks. 

A twinkle forms in her eyes as her smile turns into a smirk and she asks, "You just realizing that now?"

"Nah, I knew from the second I saw you dancing in my bar that you were something special."

Her smirk falters and her eyes flicker down to my lips. Taking that as my cue, I lean down and kiss her tenderly on her perfect lips. Pulling away, she frowns and I can't help but chuckle. "Come on, it's really late. I have no intentions of fucking you tonight," I whisper and watch as her frown deepens. "I got plenty of time to do that and something tells me, I'm gonna wanna do it right when I finally do." 

She bites her lip and nods her understanding. Taking her hand, I lead her into my house. She looks around quickly, silently taking in everything as we head to my bedroom. Once inside, I drop her hand and walk over to one of my dressers, grabbing a t-shirt for her to sleep in.