3

Roxanne

"Why did you do that?" Lacey whisper-yells as she continues to drag me to my car. "If he found out who you were-"

"Oh shush. Clearly, he didn't have a fucking clue. The guys a moron. Gorgeous, but a fuckin moron." I tell her as I rip my arm from her grasp. "You could have waited a little longer though. I mean, things were just starting to get good - if you know what I mean."

She shoots me a very un-Lacey like glare and holds her hand out. "Give me your key."

"What?! No?" I argue. "No fucking way are you driving Lucille." 

She rolls her eyes. "I'm not letting you drive. Obviously, you are too drunk to operate a vehicle if you didn't recognize him, Roxanne." Oh, she's angry. 

"I'm fine! I had one beer. He's hot and I kissed him, sue me." I tell her as I unlock the door to my beautiful '69 Chevy Impala. "It's not like he knew who I was either."

"Are you kidding me right now?" She yells as she slides into the passenger seat. "You are impossible. He could have killed you! He could have killed us! And then I would have to come back to life so I could kill you myself."

"He didn't kill us, Lace." 

"Not yet, but once he finds out who you were, he will." She says and I bring Lucille to life with a turn of the key. "Christ, Roxy. You really need to get your shit together. You are the Prez's daughter. I'm sure the bounty on your head is higher than-"

I groan, interrupting her. "Enough. I get it. I'm sorry I put us in danger, yet again. lah, blah. blah. Are you happy now?" I say sarcastically as I take a corner a little too fast, making her slide into me. 

"No." She says simply, buckling her seat belt. "You never think. You are always doing stupid shit that is going to get you killed one of these days. I don't know how to get through to you."

"Whatever," I mumble angrily. "Let's just keep this between us. No need to involve Hunt or Trevor...or worse, my father."

"No way. I am not keeping this secret. This is too important, Roxy. You could be in danger-"

"I'm not in danger. It was just a kiss. Trust me. You going off and blabbering to my father will just make this whole thing blow out of proportion. It's unneeded. Everything will be fine, Lace. Trust."

"Roxy-"

"No, Lacey," I cut her off, my voice coming out harsh and clipped. "Listen to me. Don't go saying anything to anyone. I will take care of this if need be. You got nothing to worry about."

I drive my fist into the red punching bag with everything I have, ignoring the pain that shoots through my hand with each hit

I drive my fist into the red punching bag with everything I have, ignoring the pain that shoots through my hand with each hit. I'm pissed.

Memories from last night flood my memory and I groan as the feelings he gives me wash over me yet again. I can't get him out of my mind and it's driving me nuts. It was one fucking kiss, yet I feel like it was so much more. I don't get it. I've never been so engulfed in a man before.