14

Roxanne

"Why are we here?" I ask him as we pull into the parking lot of my building. "Shouldn't we be going to the bar."

"I'm not bringing you there, love," He says, his words cold. "

"I could be of help, Jaxon."

"No." 

"But-"

"I said no, Roxanne!" He growls, cutting me off. I pull away from him, feeling hurt by his words. I look down at the ground as I stand from his bike. "Shit, I'm sorry. I'm just stressing about this shit and-"

"Just go Jax," I tell him, forcing a smile before giving him a small peck on his cheek. I leave him and enter my building without even looking back - despite everything telling me that I should. 

I should be with him. I know I would be useful. Even if I was just there to keep him calm, he could use my help. I know he could. I just know it. 

Sighing, I enter the elevator and take the long ride up to my floor. My stomach is curdling as I think about what's happened. My father attacked again - even though we discussed waiting. Clearly, he doesn't need my permission, but I always thought he liked my input in matters. I don't understand what changed now. 

The elevator dings and I wait impatiently for the doors to slide open. Stepping outside, I slowly walk toward the door of my apartment. It takes me a moment to find my key. For some reason, I can't stop shaking. My nerves are shot for some reason. 

Once the door is open, I step inside and place my keys on the counter in the kitchen. The apartment is dark. The curtains are all closed and none of the lamps are on. It's quiet and eerie and I feel the need to have every single light on in the house. 

Walking towards the large, patio door, I fling the heavy coverings open and let the light shine over me and the room. Sighing, I take in the warmth for a moment before turning around. 

A figure on the couch makes me jump out of my skin and I almost scream, but then I realize who it is. 

Dean is sitting on my couch, watching me closely. He's hunched forward with his elbows leaning on his knees and his chin resting in his hands. His shoulders are tense. His eyebrows are furrowed together as he glares at me. 

And his usually light, blue eyes are dark and stormy and his mouth pressed into a thin line. 

Dean is angry - red faced, steam coming from his flaring nostrils, angry. 

"What the fuck are you doing, Dean?" I demand, finally finding my voice. 

"I could ask you the same thing."

I narrow my eyes at him. "I have no idea what you are talking about," I say before walking towards the kitchen and grabbing a glass out of the cupboard. 

I hear him follow after me. Even his footsteps are loud and furious. "You know exactly what I'm talking about, Roxanne. Don't give me that bullshit." He states. "Now, I'm going to ask you this one time and you are going to be honest with me. How fucking long?"

"I have no idea what you-"

"Don't you fucking lie to me!" He roars, throwing a vase to the wall. It shatters into a million pieces and falls to the ground. "

"I don't know-"

"You know full well what I am referring to. Don't you fucking dare play dumb," He growls at me. "How long have you been fucking Jaxon Cruz."

My blood runs cold and my breath catches in my throat. "I-I'm n-not." I stutter as I begin to tremble. 

He's around the counter in a second, grabbing my biceps tightly in both hands. Shaking me slightly, he begins to yell in my face. "Don't you dare fucking lie to me right now, Roxanne. We have been through too much shit for you to do that. I damn well know you are and you will not tell me otherwise. I was at his bar today. I saw Lucille there. I pray to fucking God that no one else saw it. And then I just saw him drop you off two minutes ago.