Chapter 1

Hey lovelies. Thank you so much for choosing this book. I call this book 3 of the Light Series because two books meet in this very book but this can be read as a stand alone along with SHADOWED and DARKENED. I hope you enjoy it!

I usually finish a book and post all the chapters at one but I'll be posting the first few chapters which I hope will sustain you guys until I post the rest of the book. Mind you, I'm writing exams so my schedule is tight.

Disclaimer: All characters mentioned in this book do not exist in real life. This book is purely fictional and relations with real life persons is a mere coincidence.

Please enjoy❤️

Chapter 1: Are you fucking kidding me?

"Cancel the appointment with Solid Enterprise and move it to next week." I tell Joanna, my competent personal assistant for the past three years.

Ever since I took full control of my company, given to me by my beautiful mother who has great vision for the future, I searched high and low and found Joanna. She is very hardworking and doesn't do half jobs like most PA's do.

"You're fully booked for next week ma'am." She says, checking my diary managed by her.

"Fine then, make it a dinner meeting on my least busy day." I say and she nods, writing it in the diary.

"Which restaurant do you have in mind ma'am?" she asks, looking at me through her sleek designer glasses. Unlike most well qualified PA's that I have seen in departments of my company, she has great fashion sense and dresses appropriately.

"The new one that just opened last month, Violet." I say and she nods, taking note and leaving to set the reservation at Violet.

I take my phone out of my maroon handbag and I call my boyfriend who just got in town early this morning. I wonder why he did not call me to tell me he is coming back.

As a matter of fact, I doubt he knows that I know he's back.

It starts ringing.

I wonder what he is hiding. Hopefully he is trying to surprise me for his sake because if he isn't, he'll regret dating me of all people.

"Hey baby." he says into the phone with his smooth and clear voice.

"Hey Ken, how are you?" I ask, taking my now closed handbag and my car keys.

I walk out of my office which I lock by simply closing the door. It requires a pin and fingerprint to access the office so you can't just barge into my office, my PA must let you in.

That way, my documents are also secure and can't be stolen. Joanna has access to my office but not to my fingerprint access only safes which lock and alert me if someone tries to tamper with it.

"I'm good babe but I miss that sexy body of yours." he moans into the phone, making me sigh. I miss him too. He has been out of town for a whole month, taking care of his family business at the headquarters.

"When are you coming back?" I ask him, not informing him that I know that he is back in town.

I want to see exactly what he is up to.

"Soon baby, very soon. Don't worry, I'll be back before you know it." he says.

So he is keeping his return a secret, he most definitely has a reason.

"I wanna see you." I say into the phone while stepping into the empty mirror elevator. I look into the mirror, taking in the black leather skirt and maroon blazer with a lace white top on the inside. The knee length skirt hugs my figure and ends directly on my waist, showing my visible curves even more.

My maroon bag matches my 4 inch pointed suede maroon shoes with a black leather like heel.

The elevator dings and I step out into the busy lobby with a cafeteria on the side which acts as a restaurant as well. Well, it basically is a restaurant. All employees get a good discount from them while outsiders pay the full amount for their meals. The restaurant pays us really well to have a place in our building because it brings them lots of cash.

"When I get back in town, you will be the first I call. I promise." he says before blowing me a series of kisses.

I laugh inwardly.

"Okay baby, I'll wait until then." I say, my voice portraying emotion but my face as null and void as humanly possible.

He isn't the first to try and play me and me being the stupid hopeless romantic I am, I fall for it. Head first.

But not anymore.

"I love you." he says into the phone.

I pull the phone away from my face, looking at the screen with his number on display and I hang up, without saying I love him too because I honestly don't.

We are dating because we have a lot in common and mainly because we have some sort of an attraction.

I have never told him I love him because I don't like saying things I don't feel. It's a lie.

I walk to where my matte black Ford Mustang is parked. I unlock it before gracefully stepping inside and awakening the beast.

I bluetooth link my phone and my car before calling my younger brother, Vadin.

"Hey munchkin." he says, teasing me like he always does. Idiot.

"Don't you dare!" I yell, swerving out of the office parking.

"Little munchkin getting upset?" he asks in a baby voice although his husky voice makes it sound weird.

"I am older than you Vadin." I say, my voice calm as can be. He annoys the hell out of me.

"Sure, by a few months. Doesn't really count." he says in a duh voice.

"Vadin!!!" I yell at him, driving to my penthouse.

It took me 2 good years to convince my parents to allow me have my own place.

My father was not having it one bit because I'm his only daughter and he doesn't want me endangered because I'm separated from the family.

Especially after what happened three years ago when my grandparents got killed in their home by our enemies.

I would travel to work in a convoy filled with bodyguards so that nothing happens to me.

Eventually, my beautiful mother convinced dad and he finally loosened his hold on me and allowed me to move out on the condition that I have security. I know I'm always followed but I have gotten so used to it that I don't even see it anymore.

There's absolutely nothing I can do about being followed where ever I step my foot. It is the result of being a mafia princess.

"Sorry, damn. Someone's got their granny panties in a huge twisted knot." he says, causing me to roll my eyes.

"You need help, I swear." I say, sighing.

"Whatever. So why did you remember my sexy sex god self today?" he asks.

"Ken." I say and I hear him sigh.

He never liked Ken, ever.

I hear a voice in the background.

"Listen to your sister calling me about Ken." Vadin says to someone, someone I believe is Andrew, the baby of the family.

"What about that idiot?" Andrew asks, clearly annoyed.

"Hey! He's my boyfriend!" I say and they both grunt, not happy about that fact.

"Only because of our status." Vadin says and I can see Andrew nodding in my head at Vadins statement.

"Whatever, he's in town and he's pretending as if he isn't." I say and they sigh even louder.

Why are these men sighing and so loudly for that matter.

"Got eyes on him." Vadin says before hanging up when I least expected it.

What happened to bye big sis?

Kids of nowadays.