Chapter 2

Chapter 2: I guess the surprise is on me.

I park in the visitor's parking of my best friends apartment building.

The weather has slightly changed from a beautiful sunny day to a slightly gloomy day.

I grab my handbag and walk past the reception, heading for the lift directly.

Reaching her apartment level, I walk to her door and I barge in, without even knocking.

Disrespectful?

Maybe to other people excluding us.

I close the door behind me, taking in the neat grey and white open plan kitchen and entertainment area.

I place my maroon bag on her white wooden dining table overlooking the beautiful city lights.

Cars drive all over the place, red and white lights painting the gloomy streets.

I take off my 4 inch heels, leaving them near a chair.

It is awfully quiet in here, I think to myself, looking around the wide space. I take off my blazer and place it on the couch before quietly walking up the stairs.

Perhaps I can scare the hell out of her, I think to myself, softly giggling at her soon to be surprised face.

I reach her door and just as I'm about to turn the handle of her door. I hear a soft moan and a grunt soon follows.

She's getting laid?

Fuck.

I can't barge in on that scene and have my innocent not so innocent mind contaminated.

I decide to just wait downstairs so that when they're done, I'll make things as awkward as possible.

I silently walk down the stairs again.

So Nadia has a man and she didn't think it wise to tell me. She's even on the third base with him. What happened to telling me about him when she started getting to know him or the same day she met this mysterious man.

I take a chair from the dining table and place it near the window to get a closer look at the lights that are turning brighter with the setting sun.

The sky slowly gets cloudy as an hour after sunset passes by, my stomach loudly grumbling for food. I order pizza and strictly instruct the pizza guys to leave it at the reception.

When my pizza finally arrives, I go downstairs to collect it before reception can mess up my game by informing Nadia that pizza is here.

I take the pizza upstairs, my stomach roaring even louder.

I enter the apartment and set the large pizza box on the table. I take one piece, eating it quicker that you can spell pizza.

Then a loud squeaky sound comes through. The sound of Nadia's door opening.

I hear loud giggles. Didn't really take my friend for the giggling type. I see her feet and that of her lover descending the wooden stairs. I decide to stand underneath the slope of the stairs to surprise them even more.

As soon as they reach the ground, I scream so loudly which causes them to jump in fear as the scream. The mysterious lover screamer louder than Nadia.

I find myself in stitches as I hold my knees, tears brimming my eyes.

I walk to the pizza, not facing them and I pick up a slice.

"Want some? I'm sure after all the exercise, you must be hungry." I say, a smug smile on my face.

I turn my head and look at Nadia who looks surprised and very nervous. She ought to be.

She didn't tell me she was seeing someone.

Speaking of which, I finally look at him and it's like my entire strength disappeared as I looked into my boyfriends face.

The pizza in my hand falling to the white tiled floor.

"Ken?" I whisper, shock taking over my voice.

I look at him, clad in nothing but boxers. And beside him is a scared looking Nadia, dressed in his blue shirt.

"You're fucking my boyfriend?" I ask her, my voice back full force.

Anger makes envelopes the shock as I look at the both of them, the sight of them together disgusting me.

"It is not what you think." Ken says, taking a step forward.

I take my heels and I step into then, grabbing my handbag from her table.

"Oh sorry, I'll rephrase that. You're fucking my best friend?" I ask, stepping forward as well.

"Baby, let me explain. I-" he starts before I interrupt him with a slap that hurt the other side of my hand.

"You told me you aren't in town you birch. How long has this shit been going on for?" I ask, glaring at Nadia.

A woman I thought was my ride or die. Didn't realize she was stabbing me in the back the whole fucking time.

"And you slut. I was there for you when you felt like your life had ended and this is how you repay me. By fucking my boyfriend? You are a pathetic whore who can't keep her cheap legs shut. Stop behaving like a fucking toll gate dammit." I say, taking a step in her direction.

"I'm sorry." she whispers, tears brimming her eyes.

"Sorry?" I ask, looking at both of them and they nod.

"Please forgive us." Ken says, getting in his knees.

I put a finger on my chin, looking at the now kneeling Nadia.

"Forgive you?" I ask and they both nod vigorously.

"I'll forgive you." I say, smiling so brightly that you would believe it's genuine but I know it isn't.

They sigh, about to get up.

Probably to hug me with they contaminated selves.

"On one condition though." I say, glaring at both of them.

"Anything." the both say at the same time.

"Good, I want both your hearts on my desk tomorrow morning and consider yourselves forgiven." I say, a smile on my face.

I walk in between them, grabbing my jacket off the couch before walking out.

What can that idiot say I didn't do that pushed him to Nadia?

Sex?

I gave it to him good.

Support?

Anytime he needed it, it was given in abundance.

Care?

That too.

Maybe not love but I made him understand that it isn't something I want to say without meaning.

If he wanted someone else, he should have dumped me before cheating on me.

Fuck this shit.

I'm so done making things easy for these xy's that think they can walk all over me like a doormat.

They want a doormat?

Fine, I'll be one, just with thorns.