Chapter 29

Chapter 29: Bang band, dead.

I show my mother the ring and she squeals in excitement, happy that I'm going to marry the love of my life.

"I thought his family hates you." Vadin says, spoiling the mood like the bitch he is.

"Search me to see if I give a fuck." I say, glaring at him.

"Hey, both of you. STOP IT!" Mother says, glaring at us both.

"He started it though. Glare at him." I say and she glares harder at me and I sigh.

"Who does he think he is asking for your hand without my permission." father says, pulling out his gun and getting up to leave.

"Father, please." and he glares at me before leaving the house with a convoy of bodyguards.

I get up to follow him but mother pulls me down.

"Let him." she says and I frown, feeling worried.

I hear cars drive out.

"When is the wedding?" mother asks and I somehow forget about my father leaving with a gun to look for Austin.

"We agreed that we don't want to waste time so in a month from now or sooner. But not longer than a month from now." I say and she squeals even louder, doing her happy dance.

"My daughter is finally getting married. I'm glad." she says and I smile, happy that I'm marrying a man I love.

My phone rings.

I take it and I see that Serenity is calling.

"Hello Serenity." I answer, my voice hard and emotionless.

"So you're engaged to my brother." she says and I sigh, looking at my ring.

"If I remember correctly, I said fuck yes. I hope that answers your question." I say, my mother looking at me with wonder. I shrug my shoulders.

"Can we meet?" she asks and I pause to think of what she could be upto.

"Why?" I ask.

"Only one way to find out. Meet me in an hour. I'll send you the location." she says before hanging up.

Why should I even bother meeting her?

"Who was that?" my mother asks.

"Serenity, Austins sister. She wants us to meet." I say.

"Why?" she asks, voicing the question swirling within my mind.

"Beats me. She wouldn't say." I say, getting up.

I walk to my room where I pick out a mid-thigh pastel pink summer dress with spaghetti straps and a back out with spaghetti zig zay straps covering my back.

It's super cute and sexy at the same time.

I tie my hair into two pony tails, styling them into buns. I apply my make-up lightly, adding light pink eyeshadow to compliment my dress.

I wear silver hoops and a silver watch. Satisfied, I grab my white handbag and I step out.

I walk out if the house and into my black Ford mustang. It roars to life as I accelerate out of the gates and to the beach which is the location Serenity chose.

After half an hour, I'm parking my car and stepping out my machine in my white and silver strap sandals.

I call her to know exactly where she is.

"Hey, where are you?" I ask, looking around the parking.

"I'm parking my car now near Coco restaurant." she says and I walk towards the restaurant.

"Okay, I'll get us a table at the restaurant." I say, entering the restaurant and hanging up.

I get us a table for two on the balcony overlooking the beautiful silver looking sand and loud blue and white waves.

She joins me, dressed in a white summer dress and matching white sandals. Her hair is in a loose ponytail.

"I know you are surprised as to why I asked to meet you." she says, voicing my thoughts.

"Well?" I prove, unknowingly playing with my ring.

She takes my left hand and looks at the big diamond making it presence to all who look my way.

"So he really proposed." she says more to herself than to me.

"You called me here to confirm that?" I ask and she shakes her head, her ponytail becoming looser.

"I came to make amends with you and to let bygones be bygones. I love my brother and if you make him happy, then you're the best option for him." she says, signaling for the waiter to come.

We order cocktails which arrive in less than five minutes.

"Really? You're not against our relationship even after what happened?" I ask, looking at a couple chasing their child whose running to waves he obviously can't swim in.

"He loves you Andrea, so much. And I would be a fool to block such a love that doesn't want to die. I mean, even when he had forgotten you, you found a way to blow him away and still annoy the hell out of him." she says, looking deep in thought.

I sure as hell frustrated him, I think to myself.

"I honestly enjoyed pulling his strings. It's just so easy to do and very rewarding." I say and she laughs.

"Rewarding, hell yes." she says high fiving me.

"So, when is the wedding?" she asks, giving me a sense of deja vu.

"Well, a month from now to be precise. That's if my father doesn't kill my groom for proposing to me without his permission." I say, remembering how my father left the house with his assassination squad and a gun in hand, already fitted with a silencer in place.

"How did the idiot propose anyway?" she asks, leaning in as if we're discussing top secret content.

"Out of jealousy! So, I was on a last minute date with a random guy and your brother was seated a few tables away with done bimbo. The dick even kissed her, can you believe that? I felt so much anger and heart ache that I had to rush to the ladies to calm down. So when I was calm, I went back to my table and went full flirtation mode with my date and we were like a millimeter from kissing when your brother pulled me out the restaurant by force. He better be happy that I had guards over who retrieved my handbag. So he confessed his feelings for me and boom, popped the question. It was like something out of a movie or a dream, just perfect." I say, dreamily.

"I'm glad my sons proposal was perfect." a voice says out of the blue, well from behind me, but you get the point.

I turn to see Austin's mother.

"Andrea, I have nothing against you as a person. You make my son very happy and seeing him happy gives me so much fulfillment. I'm just worried that my fulfillment will be cut short when I'm forced to bury my son." She says, dragging a seat from another table and joining us.

"Scarlett, I love him very much and I'll give my life protecting his. We we're hit when we least expected it but our senses are on full alert and will improve daily. He will live a long and happy life." I say, assuring her as best as I can.

"I want to carry my grandchildren Andrea, I want to watch them grow along with their father." she adds.

Grandchildren?

Well, I'm ready to marry Austin, yes, but that doesn't mean I'm ready to have children. And it's like she notices this when she asks.

"You are ready to have children, right?" she asks and I shake my head no.

"Austin and I haven't discussed children so I guess we both aren't ready for that." I say.

"Perhaps you aren't the one for my son because if you were, you would know how badly he loves and wants children." she adds, pushing me into a world of doubt and deep thought.

He's eager to have children?

Am I ready for that?