Chapter 25

Chapter 25: Here I was, being generous.

I take a sip of my warm milky latte that dances on my taste buds.

After which, I take a huge bite out of my cupcake before a crazy idea springs up in my mind.

I know exactly what will get his attention.

The intercom on my desk buzzes, taking me out of my crazy ideas.

"Speak." I say.

"You have a visitor." she says and I frown, trying to remember if I have an meetings today.

"Name." I reply, sipping my vanilla latte.

"Raymond Ravetti." she says and I frown, the name being completely unfamiliar.

"Let him in." I say and my door opens after 5 minutes.

A man clad in a deep maroon suit and a white shirt with the first two buttons open steps in. My eyes focusing on his jet black hair and his light stubble that makes him look sexier than he already is.

His black orbs take my breath away.

"Good day Ms Cavali." he says, his voice forcing my heart to skip half a beat.

"Wow." I gasp out, unable to tame my tongue.

"May I?" he asks, pointing to one of the visitors chairs.

"Absolutely! What can I serve you?" I ask and he smiles, his perfect teeth making me feel insecure about mine.

"Your attention for starters." he says and I take his full appearance in.

"Oh you have all of it, no doubt. What can I do for you?" I ask, finally composing myself.

"A date with me. Tonight." He says and I find myself blushing as I nod a slow yes so as to show him that he doesn't affect me.

"Perfect. Write your address right here and I'll pick you up later on tonight." He says and another light bulb with a crazy idea flickers on in my twisted mind.

"Tell me where and I'll be there." I say and he raises an eyebrow, something in his eyes making me feel off.

Who is this man?

"Okay then, may I have the fine ladies number?" he asks and I laugh while shaking my head no.

"You, handsome sir, give me your number and pray that I remember your existence." I say and he raises his eyebrow yet again.

"Whatever the beautiful lady wants, she gets." he says, writing his number for me and placing it in front of me before he gets up.

"Is that all you came for?" I ask and he winks before walking out.

I take the paper with his number on it, wondering why this handsome stranger came to ask for a date only.

I put my thoughts aside before calling one of my body guards and ordering him to buy a particular gift for a special person.

I know he'll be fuming with so much anger because no one has ever undermined him like I have and the fact that I'm a woman makes it worse because he is a player of women.

I go online and I type his name, the results breaking my heart but I remind myself that he has lost his memory and doesn't know that he is cheating.

And his family isn't helping one bit. They hate me that much to kill our blossoming love.

I come across a website where they are talking about us and I decide to contact the publishers. This is the only article that didn't get deleted unlike the rest that his family probably got removed.

"May I talk to the journalist of the article on Austin West and Andrea Cavali." I say and I hear a sigh.

"Speaking. Listen, I don't care who you are but I am not removing it." He says and I giggle.

"This is Andrea Cavali. I would like to see you in my office as soon as possible." I say and the guy gasps before say multiple yeses.

I inform Joanna who equally informs main reception downstairs.

After half an hour, the journalist is inside my office.

"Thank you for honoring my invitation." I say and he nods eagerly.

"I'm honored." he says.

"I would like you to do something big for me and it will be even bigger for you." I say and he leans in, interest clear in his eyes.

"I'm all ears." he says and I smile, my plan slowly coming together.

"I want you to send Austin pictures of us together, and instruct him to contact the best computer specialist to see that the pictures aren't photoshopped. I'll send you the exact pictures. You can even use them in any article of your wish." I say and he nods very eagerly. He just got free goodies, exclusive goodies at that, that no other journalist has.

"I want you to also send him links to your articles." I say.

"Why?" he asks, confused why I want to go back to my ex.

"Austin has amnesia. He doesn't remember me, we are apart because of this. His family turned against me and pretended as if I'm a desperate gold digger for reasons best known to me." I say and he nods, understanding.

"So you think the articles and pictures will stimulate the memories to return?" he asks and I shrug, not sure but hoping so.

I pull out my USB which I hand over to him before dismissing him. It has pictures of Austin and I. There are a few that we took with his family at their house.

As soon as the journalist leaves, Joanna calls me via the intercom.

"Speak." I say.

"Austin!!" she yells and I hear banging through the intercom which I can't hear through the sound proof door.

Well then, I'm going to shock him in ways he can't understand.

I put on blue contact lenses to hide my identity which he saw at the hospital. Although I had no make up on that evening and now I do, hence, I look different.

I open my wrap up dress, exposing the black lacy lingerie that I know drives him crazy, well, the type of design.

I open the door and he barges in, wondering where I am and I shut it close before clearing my throat and putting my manicured hands on my small waist.