20

Maliyah

For the first time in a really long time I felt less like dying both in the inside and on the outside. Don't get me wrong, I don't feel anything like I used to before I got sick. But I brushed my teeth and didn't feel like death so that's a step in the right direction. Just taking one small step at a time.

"So when are you going on your hot air ballon ride with Anthony" Julie asks as she chills out with me in my room. I was more than excited to have her back in my life again after she was gone for so long. I don't know how I made it without her.

"This weekend. I'm really excited and Anthony is being a big baby" I giggle.

"He doesn't like heights huh" she asks.

"Nope. In fact he told me I have to hold him the whole time we are up there" I shake my head.

"At least he's in touch with his sensitive side" she shrugs.

"It's one of the many many things I love about him" I admit.

"Does it suck when he's gone for games" she wonders.

"Yeah, it really does. I would never tell him that because he's very cautious when it comes to him being there for me. He's always here when I need him but I still miss him like crazy when he's gone. Maybe it sucks because I rely so much on him. I mean we've been together for what, six months, and I feel like it's been forever. And he gets so scared because he thinks that he's doing too much to make sure I'm happy or heathy, but I honestly love it. To know that someone loves me that much, it's the greatest feeling in the world. And it keeps me going more times than not" I explain.

"Awww my best friend is so in love" she cheers and I laugh.

"I am" I admit.

The next second there's a knock on the door and I adjust myself in my bed. Tamara sticks her head in and smiles big.

"Delivery" she announces before coming in. In her hands was a huge bouquet of flowers and my eyes go wide. They were all different types and colors. They were so big she could barley carry them.

"Who are those from" I ask.

"Who do you think" she questions.

"Well I have to make sure they're from Anthony because if they're from my brothers something is going to jump out of there and attack me and I want to be prepared" I insist and she laughs.

"They're from Anthony. I picked them up myself this morning" she claims and I smile.

"Well I'm that case gimme" I cheer and she smiles. She sets the flowers on the bed next to me and I inhale deeply. The scent of fresh flowers dance around in my head and I smile. I miss a lot of stuff while being stuck in here, but I missed the nature the most.

"There's something in there for you" she claims.

"More" I ask.

"More" she assures me.

I look and see that one of the flowers wasn't actually a flower but a little jewelry box in the shape of a red rose. I pick the fake flower out and open it up to see what this man was doing for me now. Inside I see a necklace with a large locket in the shape of the heart. It had his initials along with my initials on the outside of it and I smile big.

I open the lokcet and nearly start to cry. Inside is a picture from when I asked Anthony to come over for a surprise and he danced with me. It was the only time I've let him see me without a head wrap and I had just gotten that really pretty white dress. The way the sun was shining on us made it look like we were outside in the open. He was looking at me like I was the best thing he has ever seen and that made me so emotional.

On the other side of the locket it had the words "And when the dark clouds arise I will stay by your side. I know we'll be alright, I will stay with you."

"So... how did he do" Tamara asks.

"I don't even know what to say" I whisper.

"That's a first" Julie mumbles and I send her a glare.

"What does it say" Tamara asks.

"They're the lyrics to our song" I smile.

"Ugh! You guys make me want to fall in love again" Julie claims and I laugh.

"There are worse things you could do" I say.

"Alright you have a point" she admits.

"Do you want me to put it on for you" Tamara asks and I nod my head. She takes the necklace from me and wraps it around my neck. I see it rest over my heart and I couldn't keep the smile from my face. I've never had a locket before, and I always thought it was kinda cliche for a guy to give their girl a locket. But if you take a good look at my life I think this is the definition of cliche. And this locket is just the icing on the cake.

After I hang out with Tamara and Julie for a little they go off and be productive in their own lives. I find my phone under all my pillows and see I had a missed call from Anthony. I figured I should call him back in case he thinks I died again.

"Hey baby doll" he answers and I laugh.

"Never, I mean never, say that again" I insist.

"Alright. Noted" he claims and I just shake my head.

"What are you up to" I wonder as I lay back onto my bed.

"I'm messing around in Washington. We're supposed to go see the White House but I'm really scared the guys are going to get us in trouble" he claims.

"I honestly don't doubt it" I admit.

"What are you doing" he wonders.

"Admiring this beautiful necklace my amazing boyfriend got me" I say.

"Oh a new necklace, your boyfriend sounds kinda great" he jokes and I smile.

"He's wonderful" I admit.

"Did you see what the locket said on the inside" he asks.

"I did. I love it just as much as I loved the picture" I insist.

"That's my background on my phone" he claims.

"Awww thats so cute" I admit.

"I try" he teases.

"Well I'll let you go watch your friends get tackled by secret security. I just called to let you know you are seriously the most amazing person ever and I appreciate you and everything you do. I love you so much it hurts sometimes" I tell him.

"Now I don't want you hurting" he claims.

"It's a good hurt. Like how when you're away I'm waiting for you to come back" I explain.

"I'll be home soon" he assures me.

"Not soon enough" I sigh.

"You're right" he admits and I smirk.

"I'll see you soon eh" I ask.

"As soon as possible."