55

Anthony

As the summer starts to come to a close we had a series out in LA with the Dodgers. And while playing a good is still a priority to me no matter where we are in the standings, so is making sure my girlfriend is happy. And while she's pretty close to being the happiest person in the world right now, I feel like it's my obligation to one up that and make her the for sure happiest person in the world right now.

So since she got the job but hasn't quite yet started working I convinced her to come on the road for us this series. Partially so she can get the hang of the road life and visit a new ballpark, partially so I can get her out to a John Legend concert like I promised her.

He just so happened to be doing a concert in a intimate venue around Dodgers stadium this fine Saturday night and he just so happened to have two front row tickets for us. So I called in a favor and he delivered big time. We even get to go back stage and hang out with him and his family for a little bit after the show.

Once we arrive in LA we had a day game then the concert that night. So I try to make sure everything was ready and that I could still focus on the game. But once that was done I grab Maliyah and rush back to the hotel. I grab a bag I had ready before hand and hand it to her.

"What's this" she wonders.

"A dress, put it on" I insist.

"A dress for what" she questions.

"We don't have enough time for me to explain this to you. All you have to do is make yourself look all fancy like and I'm going to take you on a much overdue trip" I explain.

"Do I have to wear makeup" she asks.

"You never need makeup" I insist.

"Alright then I'm in" she admits.

She goes off and gets changed and I quickly change myself. I pull on some cargo shorts and a nice tank top before running my fingers through my hair a few times. I grab the tickets and passes and stick them in my pocket before calling down for a cab.

"Alright, I'm going to let you pick out my clothes from now on because this is so cute" Maliyah claims as she comes out of the bathroom. I stop in my tracks and take the time to admire her and all her beauty.

"Wow Mal, you look incredible" I admit

"Thanks. I really like this dress" she smiles. She does a little spin to show that it flows out and that she loved the fact that it did. "I wish I knew what I was so dressed up for" she claims.

"How about we go find out" I smirk.

We hop in the cab and head to the little intimate theatre that was playing host to John Legend. The show started in about 10 minutes and I really wanted to make it to our seats before she figured it out.