Chapter Forty Three- Hiding

(Like two weeks-ish later it's now a day before Michael's Birthday)

(Ryan's POV)

"John I don't know how I'm going to surprise Michael or what to even get him." Whining I sit on my couch next to him.

"Have you asked him what he wanted?"

"Yes." I groan, "He doesn't want me to get him anything because he didn't get me anything on my birthday. He feels bad because we didn't even celebrate and he didn't even recognize that we missed it."

"Well then you know give him some of the goods, buy a sexy outfit and put it on him."

"That's not special we do it like every night."

"I didn't ask." He frowns. "I don't know Ryan, you know him the best. What does he want?"

"I already told you I don't know. I got him a pinky ring, but I don't want to give him just that."

"You got this man some more ice? Like he needs it."

"I knew he'd like it so I got it on an impulse buy. I was going to splurge when I got to the mall, but I just kept second guessing everything he'd want. He's been so good to me and I don't want to disappoint him with a whack ass gift."

"Oh I know what you can get him!" He claps and turns me excitedly. "A vacation!" I declares and I frown.

"We can't go on one, we have too much work to do and I can't keep missing work and I've been slacking so that's a no."

"Girl I don't fucking know then." He gives up with a huff making me laugh. "Throw a surprise party."

"Hmm." I tap my chin. "Yeah that might work I'll invite all his little model friends."

"But you only have a day to plan it, how about dinner, cook for him I know you've been practicing."

"Much better idea, I'm not good with people." I let out a breath and lean back. "Have you noticed how close Justine and Sterling have been?" I ask making him tense up.

"Yeah so what are you thinking of cooking?" He quickly changes the topic.

"Salmon, mash potatoes and green beans? Maybe I should have a double date with Sterling and Justine."

"No!" John quickly yells making me look over at him and it's my eyebrows crunched together. "I mean no way!" He covers up quickly before standing up.

"So you think it's a good idea or?"

"I think you should ask Michael if he wants to spend his birthday on a double date that's kind of childish isn't it?"

"I think it'll be nice for him to spend his birthday with his girlfriend and his best friend at dinner with him. I'll even make it a surprise!"