Chapter Fifty Three- Gender Reveal

(Ryan's outfit for the gender reveal)

(Ryan's POV)

Sterling and Justine's backyard was equally split on two sides with pink or blue. Justine had a blue body-con dress on while sterling had a pink shirt on. Once people start noticing us all the attention was taken away from the expecting parents making them look at us.

"My boys." Sterling daps Michael up before giving me a side hug. "Y'all good? You niggas came here and showed out." He gestured to my dress making me laugh.

"We didn't know what the dress code was so we just came classy, plus Michael looks good in everything." I rub his chest as I talk.

"Y'all dressed like this your joint or something. But it's okay because everyone is taking pictures of you two anyways." I look around at the various people snapping pictures of us.

"Sorry for taking your shine, we brought gifts." Michael hands Sterling the heavy bag filled with twin baby boy and girl outfits.

"Always doing some extra shit. This is just the gender reveal not a baby shower." We walk behind him as he goes to place the bag on one of the many tables. "Justine's over there with our moms, who are getting along surprisingly well."

"Momma Skye likes you?" He smirks as I raise an eyebrow at him.

"Mhm you know I got the charms."

"Nigga shut up you have the personality of a dead dog." Michael nudges his best friends shoulder and I laugh.

"At least I don't look like one. Come on I know my mom wants to see you and I want this whole misunderstanding to be squashed between us."

"What misunderstanding?"

"Justine is butt hurt that you were rude to her. I think maybe it's the pregnancy hormones getting to her head cause she's been off the rails with everything."

"I'll apologize again." Michael grumbles clearly just as over Justine as I was. We walk over to where Justine is sitting with her and Sterling's mom.

"Ry, baby how are you." Justine's mother, Shelley, got up to pull me in a tight hug. She was a taller heavier set woman with long dreads.

"Hey momma Skye, how are you?" I help her sit back down, before sitting in a chair Michael brought over for me.

"Child, I done got arthritis in my left wrist. Trying to get used to all this medication they putting me on." She tells me making me frown. "But now that I'm about to have two more grand babies, so I've been the happiest I've been in a while." She smiles brightly at me.

"Speaking of grand babies where is Broderick and his baby boy?"

"He had to go change him and his clothes it was too hot for little Chance. Justine why haven't you said anything to Ry?" Shelley turns to Justine and her head snaps in our direction as soon as her name is mentioned.