Chapter Fifty- Starting Over

(Ryan's POV)

(Ryan's POV)

I literally couldn't focus on anything all day. Why would Justine tell me something like that? It's not like he actually hit her, just yelled at her like he did with his family, which still isn't right. But, who am I to say that he handled the situation irrationally, I was just ready to let the whole thing go and put it all behind me. I shouldn't care that Michael yelled at her but it was just something about it that honestly bothered me a little.

"Ry, you good?" Nathan looks over at me before looking back at our paperwork.

"Yeah, just had a little issue this morning. Nothing major."

"Let me know if you want to talk about it. I mean I don't know what it is but maybe talking about it will put your mind at ease."

"It's alright. I'm just over thinking it." I cut the conversation off going back into my work. It was close to me having to clock out, but I didn't want to leave and go back home. I didn't have anywhere else to go, I mean I could go to a hotel. I just need some alone time to relax and clear my head. Finishing up my editing I send it to Jenna for final cuts. "I'm heading out, have a good night Nathan." Shoving everything into my purse I make sure I had my keys and I was all set to go.

"Wait Ryan, do you want to go get a drink or something?" He nervously tips his pen against the desk.

"Not tonight, I just need to get home and go to sleep."

"Well there is some type of open mic night at a bar by my place, I'll text you the information if you change your mind. Everyone is coming I just thought I'd invite you, I wasn't asking you out or anything."

"If I change my mind I'll let you know, but right now all I can envision is me taking a nice relaxing bath and going to bed." I decided on going back to my condo, I wasn't paying for a room when I could just go home. I was consumed in my thoughts the whole ride home, it was like I was on autopilot and I didn't realize I was home until I was unlocking my front door. I was instantly hit with the smell of food being cooked.

"Michael?" I call out placing all of my things down on the couch and going into the kitchen to see him cooking shirtless with his beats on jamming out.