019

It was December 16th when Jimin's father had a stroke. Being so close to Christmas, it was a cold morning. And having to wake up so early, at six twenty to be precise, was not pleasant. On top of that, Jimin complained internally, Yoongi didn't like the idea of taking care of Lilly.

All in all, not a great morning.

"but hyung-"

"no!"

Jimin flinched at the older's loud voice. "but why?" confusion laced in his voice. "I'm just doing it to help my parents"

"I don't like humans" Yoongi snapped.

"but seriously hyung, it's just a small kid-"

"no"

"why don't you like humans?" Jimin yelled. "I'm human too you know, I don't get how I'm any different!" 

"you're much better"

"oh that's a comfort!" Jimin hotly said. "Lilly's an infant! She didn't do anything to deserve your bitchy hate!" jimmy covered his mouth as his eyes widened in horror. Oh god.

Yoongi froze. "bitchy?" he repeated in a quiet and dangerous voice. 

"n-no I didn't mean it" Jimin fervently tried to amend his mistake.

Yoongi acted as if he didn't hear that. "you think my hatred is bitchy?" 

"no hyung, I didn't mean it-"

"you think it's bitchy that I hate humans because of their greed?" Yoongi's voice was raised, but not much. "my mother was human, my father fell in love with her and left his previous lover, who was also human. And that vile bitch hunted down and killed my mother. You think it's irrational that I hate humans? That it's unjust? Humans always seek revenge"

Jimin stared speechless in shock. Yoongi stared back steadily, anger in his eyes.

"I-I didn't know..." Jimin whispered, finally.

"I didn't want you to know" 

Jimin's brain started to function again. How could he possibly mention to the older in this state that he was being a bit too judgmental?

He decided to approach gently.

"hyung, I'm s-sorry something like that happened" he began, voice soft. "but don't you think you're being...unfair?"

"unfair?" Yoongi repeated in disbelief. "unfair?

"hyung, that was only one human" Jimin explained. "we're all different. There are people who are horrible-and people who aren't. Not all humans are the same, hyung-"

"all humans are equally horrible" Yoongi stated in a firm, matter-of-fact voice that caused Jimin's blood to boil. He tried to maintain his temper and took a deep breath. 

"humans will and always be the same horrible people they are" 

Jimin snapped.

"I'm so glad you told me that" he icily said. "I'm so relieved to know that you think of humans that way because now I know that that's how you regard me too"

"no, you're different" Yoongi argued, but it helped nothing but Jimin's blossoming anger. He was not the one to a fiery temper, but when it rages, it tends to get out of hand.

"how am I different?!" Jimin yelled. "how? I'm only human! And as you say, humans are equally horrible! What does that make me? Horrible!"

"no Jimin-"

"SHUT UP! I want to do one thing, one thing and that's to help my mom! And I can't even do that because of your petty prejudice against humans!" screeching, Jimin flawed his arms about.

"IT IS NOT PETTY!" Yoongi shouted, crossly. "HOW DARE YOU?"

"OF COURSE IT IS!" Jimin yelled back. He took a few deep breaths. Be calm, talk. Talk and solve this, Park Jimin. 

"Yoongi, you're angry because your mom was killed. You're holding that grudge against a whole group of species"

"I am not" adamantly, Yoongi replied, Jimin clicked in annoyance.

"you're stupid. Stupid and stubborn as fuck" Jimin angrily said. "can't you see why she killed her? Because she loved your dad and was angry. Not because she was just a power hungry moron. I'm not saying that there aren't any morons who are power hungry, I'm just saying that your dad looks too kind to be dating a woman who was that bad. If you thought about it, you'd see it too, but you won't. Because you don't want to see her as anything else but you mother's killer. And because of that you're judging humanity. It's your own bloody fault that you hate humans!"

Yoongi who had listened to this in silence, now erupted.

"you see it that way don't you? Like I'm some brat-"

"you are a brat!"

"you have no right to say that!" Yoongi fumed.

"I have every right as I'm your boyfriend!" Jimin retorted.

"I can't believe this!"

"I can't believe you're so stubborn!" Jimin huffed. 

"I am not!"

There was a tension borne pause.

"you know what Yoongi?" Jimin quietly said.

"what?" Yoongi harshly replied. 

"I don't think this will work out" there was clear pain in Jimin's voice.

"w-what?"stuttering in shock the older managed only one word.

"I don't think we can mange to be together if you keep on being like this"

Yoongi's heart shattered into a million of tiny pieces. He could not believe this.

"I'm sorry. But it's-it's the truth. As long as you keep hating humans" Jimin's voice broke."I think we should-" He swallowed. 

"break up"