First Friend?

S T A S I A

Jimin and I payed for our stuff and head to the food section.

"That bracelet is the perfect match for you." Jimin tells me as we stand in line waiting to order food.

"Thank you! Trust me you're not going to regret that jacket. It was so worth it." I pat his shoulder.

We got our food and I insisted on paying for Jimin, even though he did all he could for me not to do it. I invited him so it's fair. I've never really done this before so I felt proud.

"Thank you, you didn't have to pay for me." He tells me as we sit down.

"Trust me, it's fine." I say taking out my steel straw from my bag.

"What are you doing?" He asks confused.

"I don't use plastic straws. You want to use one?" I ask taking out a second one.

He laughs, "That's adorable. Sure."

"Aren't you afraid these won't be washed good?" Jimin asks me inserting the steel straw in his cup.

"They come with a cleaning brush!" I say taking out the pouch.

"Wow, that's great. I need to get myself some of these." Jimin starts digging into his food. "So how old are you Stasia?"

"I'm twenty two, you?" I reply.

"Seriously? Same." A small laugh escapes his lips.

I'm still kind of confused on to why he's wearing shades indoors.

"So great fashion, same age, hmm let's see what else." Jimin says.

"I think we'd have a lot of stuff in common." I chuckle.

We continued to eat our lunch as we asked questions about one another.

"What type of music do you like?" Jimin asks.

"English. You know like pop and stuff." I reply.

"How about Korean?" He asks lifting a brow.

"Haven't heard it yet." I shrug.

。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚.

"Do you think we went a little overboard?" I ask Jimin as we had an exaggerated amount of bags on our hands.

"Not at all." He answers confidently.

I couldn't even take my phone out to check the
time because of the bags.

"Well Jimin this was really fun but it's getting late I should start heading home." I tell him.

"It was a pleasure." Jimin says and bows.

"All mine." I say and bow back.

With that I started walking ahead of him making my way to the exit. That's when it hit me, I met someone in whom I connected with and I was walking away with not even a way of connecting with him again.

I stopped and turned around. Jimin was walking the opposite direction.

"Jimin!" I shout but he didn't hear me.

Crap, I'm going to have to catch up.

"JIMIN!" I yell louder and start speed walking.

He turns around trying to locate the voice and his eyes finally meet with mine.

"Hi. Sorry." I say catching up with him.

"What's up?"

"Are you free tonight? If you are you should come over to my place if you'd like. Here I'll give you the address." I tell him placing the bags down so I could note down address.

"I-." He starts but I cut him off.

"I know it's probably strange that a girl you barely met invites you to her home but I had a great time." Shyness takes over my body.

What am I doing? He probably thinks I'm crazy. Let alone what if he's crazy? For all I know he can be a physco.

But I've never had this type of connection with anyone before. I'm trusting my gut.

"I'll be there." He smiles.

I exited the mall and arrived home. This was the first time I'd have someone over since I moved to Seoul.

I put my shopping bags down in my room and headed to the kitchen to a prepare a snack

I put my shopping bags down in my room and headed to the kitchen to a prepare a snack. It might seem silly of me to be excited over something so small but it meant a lot to me.

Half an hour later

It was almost about to pass an hour and Jimin never arrived. I felt bummed out and like an idiot. How can I possibly think he was going to show up to a strangers house? It sounds completely idiotic. This always happens to me, I bring up my hopes way too much only to be let down.

After two minutes of feeling sorry for myself I tried to brush it off and put the things I had displayed away.

Ding dong

My doorbell goes off. That can't be him.

I opened my door and Jimin was revealed.

"Hi, sorry I took so long. Traffic." He tells me.

"It's fine" I smile. "I'm glad you're here." I let him in.

"Beautiful place you got here." He says looking around.

He still had his shades on.

"Thank you. Make yourself comfortable." I say taking out the snacks once again.

I look up and he had taken the shades off, his eyes are beautiful. His facial features came out stronger.

The whole night Jimin and I talked and got to know each other. I explained to him that I was from California and that I barely have a year and a half living here.

We connected through our fashion sense, hobbies, and humor. If felt as if we were officially friends.

Could it possibly be I made my first friend ever?