About You

S T A S I A

"You have six brothers?!? That's a lot!" I exclaim.

Jimin chuckles, "They're the best."

"I only have one other sibling. My little sister Lily, she's like fourteen." I tell him.

"Like fourteen? Don't you know?" He nudges me.

"We're not that close. But we know we love each other." I reach into the basket grabbing a water bottle.

Jimin and I came to the park and decided to have a picnic. We both had a great time the other day at the mall and at my house.

"How come? I'm super close with my brothers. We all live together." Jimin tells me.

"Seven boys in one house?!? Does it get crazy?"

"Trust me it does." He tells me.

I tuck my hair behind my ear, "I'm honestly not sure. Nothing happened we just don't really bond. Our interest are really different."

Jimin sits in criss cross apple sauce, "What are your interests?"

"I love to shop, design, decorate. What I do love the most though is to dance." I respond.

"You dance?!? I LOVE TO DANCE!" He grabs my arm and shakes it excitedly.

"Yeah I do. I'm in a team. We're called Philomena. Interesting enough it means lover of strength."

"I think I've heard of them before." Jimin scratches his head.

I asked Jimin what were his interest and he told me that dancing and music were his thing. He got a little cocky and said he was good at singing but wouldn't want to actually sing. He pouted as I doubted his talent he assured he had within him.

"Show me your dancing skills then." He squinted.

"I didn't say I was good!" Laughter escapes my mouth. "All I said was I loved to do it."

"Stasia, I've heard a few things about Philomena and if you're in it's because you're good."

My smile turns huge as if I was the Cheshire cat, "So you admitted that I'm good and I didn't even have to show you."

"Oh hush." He shakes his head. "So what made you want to move to Seoul?"

"My family and I would often come here for vacation. I've always loved it here. Since I was little I've dreamed of this. Every vacation this is where I'd want to be. At times they'd get annoyed and tell me to pick Paris or Greece. But everytime I got a say this was my go to place." I explain.

"Wow, so you're a traveler? Looks like we have more than just good taste in common. What do your parents do?"

"Typical family. Dad owns an important business. Mom is a doctor. Yours?" I answer.

He chuckles, "My parents own a business too."

"We're basically one." I flick my wrist.

"Yeah, we lowkey are." Jimin fixes his sunglasses.

"Jimin, I like your name. I've never heard it before. It's unique."

"Thank you." He exchanges a sweet smile. "It's pretty common here. Not that unique. Stasia is a nice name though. That's a name you don't hear around here."

"You know what I just noticed?"

"What?" He lifts an eyebrow.

"We never probably introduced ourselves!" I giggle. "I'm Stasia Slater." I put a hand out.

"R-Roh Jimin." He puts his hand in mine and shakes it.

"You feel tense." I say and he quickly lets go.

"Sorryanyways." He says so fast there wasn't space between each word. "Tell me more about you." Jimin lays down on the blanket. He placed his arms in the back as his head using them as support. "Don't you miss your friends?"

"Ah yeah I guess." I sigh.

"What is that supposed to mean?" Jimin questions.

"This is so embarrassing." I hide my face. "But I had no friends."

"What? What do you mean you had no friends? Not even one?!?" Confusion takes over.

"No." I take my hands away from my face and pout.

"Like ever?"

"No." I frown.

"May I ask why?

"So you know how I told you about my mom and dad's job?"

He nods.

"I got put in those private schools where all the rich kids go. Sadly it was like the typical movies where everyone is a bitch. Sorta like gossip girl but without the page. I always felt like I didn't fit in there so I begged my parents if I could go to a public school. The idea mortified them. But I wasn't like these private school kids. So after begging and crying they finally agreed. I was off to public school. And if you couldn't guess it I didn't fit there either. Everyone thought I was a snobby rich girl. I was told I didn't belong there. No one really gave me a chance. So at the end I just ended up being home schooled." I bring my knees closer to my chest. "I feel like such a loser. After twenty two years of being alive I wasn't capable of making at least one friend." A tear streams down my face. "All I wanted was a friend." I shake my head. "Sorry for the cringe story." I wipe my tear.

Jimin sits up and holds my hand, "Stasia I'm your friend."