Mean Words

S T A S I A

"And we're done for today." Daniel, my dance teacher, tells us as the music stops.

We were all panting and glad it was time to go home.

"Piece." Our teacher says walking out of the room.

"I'm hungry." I say going over to grab my bag.

"Want to grab some lunch?" Jaejoong asks me.

"Sorry I can't. I'm grabbing lunch with a friend. We can do another day though." I smile at him.

"You have friends?" SooJin scoffs.

Soojin my "biggest" competition. I don't really see her as that but she always wants to compete with me. She doesn't like me and I know it but I really don't care.

"Yeah." I respond.

"That's a miracle." She laughs with her two minion friends MinJung and Sonn.

I give her a fake smile and walk away.

"You should also watch out your calories. Cheeks are getting kind of chubby." SooJin tells me.

She's always trying to get under my skin.

I turn to look at her and give her a smirk, "You should watch your feet. It looked like you were getting tangled up on the floor."

And I get under hers.

Her evil smirk faded way and an angry expression revealed. She walks up to me getting all up in my face.

"You know I'm the better dancer here. Just because your Daniel's favorite that doesn't make your dancing skills any better."

"I enjoy wha-" She cuts me off.

"Shut it you little American twat. You try so hard to be here and fit in Korea. You're not from here. Just go back to your hot dogs and red maga hats." She tells me.

I bit my lip trying to hold back.

"What? White little privileged girl is offended? You know it's true." She snaps and walks away.

The rest of the room stands around just looking at me.

I sigh and rush out the door. I get in my car and feel a few tears escaping. I try brushing it off wiping the tears away. I don't want Jimin to see me like this.

Stasia: You ready?

I text Jimin and start driving to our meet up spot.

10 minutes later

"Hey! How'd it go?" Jimin asks getting in my car.

"Good." I smile.

He stares at my face.

"What?" I ask.

"Are you okay?" Jimin asks me.

"Yeah. Why?"

"Your nose is red, puffy eyes, plump lips. Why were you crying?" He asks me.