18

I bolt upright in bed

I bolt upright in bed. My breathing is frantic, my heart nearly bursting out of my chest. I'm drenched in my own sweat. I scan the room, looking in the numerous shadows for anything that might cause me harm.

Nothing moves. Only the delicate flicker of the sconces provide any movement. I sigh and relax a bit. There's no room of mirrors here. I'm safe in my bedroom, unharmed and warm. I pull the sheets to my chest and close my eyes, trying to regain my balance.

A memory flickers through my mind. The piercings in my dream! Frantic, my eyes snap open as I pull the sheets away from my chest and inspect the damage. My breasts are fine. There's no gold chains hanging from my nipples. No black stones dangling from my bellybutton. I'm unscathed as well. Good. All of that was just a dream and nothing more.

Another memory of my dream bubbles up -- my husband. Was he making me dream that? He certainly could. He's made stranger people imagine worse things. My curiosity stirs. Taking a deep breath, I look over to my side and gaze at my new husband.

Lucifer lays beside me in bed, his eyes closed and his mouth slightly open. He's so still when he sleeps. The only signs of him being alive are the tiny twitches of his fingers and mouth as he dreams.

I watch him, captivated. He's truly beautiful here. Not that he's ever been hideous, but here, asleep beside me, he's so calm and peaceful he almost doesn't seem real. His soft hair is unruly, his perfect lips are parted just enough to breathe. I can see how God picked him to be the most beautiful. Even sleeping he's almost impossible to imagine.

My inner child bursts to the surface. Like an idiot trapped in a cage with a ravenous sleeping tiger, I have in irresistible urge to touch him. Cautiously, I stretch my hand out towards him keeping my eyes on him in case he wakes up. My fingers barely brush against his cheek, his soft, icy flesh searing my fingertips. I hold my breath as I caress him again, hardly believing that this incredible creature is both unbelievably evil and my husband.

His eyes flicker slightly and I freeze. They flutter open, those bright golden eyes spearing me through the dark. They narrow at me in confusion, and he blinks several times to clear the sleep from his mind.

Shit.

I pull my hand back slowly, chewing my lip in embarrassment. "Sorry."

"What's wrong?" He rolls over and pushes himself up. He sits on the bed staring at me, his unnatural eyes making my heart race.

"Nothing," I lie. "Just a dream."

His flawless brows rise an inch. "What kind of dream?"

I blush and look away. I can't tell him that! It'll put more absurdly evil idea in his head!

"I can't remember..." I hope my hesitation will kill this conversation so I can go back to sleep.

The corners of his mouth twitch. "Was I in this dream of yours?"

I suppose that's safe...

I nod. "Yes."

"With you?" His smile widens.

I nod again.

His smile breaks into a full grin. "And what were we doing?"

I stare at him wide-eyed, my face on fire. I don't dare tell him. "I don't... I can't really..."

He leans forward, his eyes staring into mine, a dark smile on his lips. "You're lying."

I lower my eyes involuntarily, affirming his suspicions.

Still smiling, he grips my shoulders and spins me around, then pulls me back against him. His chest pressed against my shoulders, bringing flashes of my dream into my kind. He loops his arms around my waist and holds me tight, leaning his chin on my shoulder.

"What were we doing?" Hs voice is high, excited to hear the details of my dream.

I swallow loudly, contemplating my choices. If I lie, he'll know and possibly punish me. If I'm honest, he might want to try having me pierced. As frightened as I am to talk, I know that having Lucifer happy is much better than having him pissed.

"We were standing in this room full of mirrors. I don't' know why...there was so many of them." I make my voice as even as I can, trying to hide my anxiety. "We were staring at my reflection."

"Oh? Why were we staring?" His hands start to roam my body, caressing my waist and hips with long fingers.

Oh boy. Here it comes.

I swallow again. "I was ...pierced."

He perks up, his body tensing against mine. "Pierced? Oh, tell me more." I can hear the excitement in his voice. He leans against me again, his hands never stopping their exploration.

I sigh. "My...nipples and my bellybutton."

Something hard twitches against my hip. It takes me a barely a heartbeat to recognize what it is. He's aroused, just as I thought he'd be. Now I'm really nervous, and I start mentally praying that he won't suggest such an awful idea.

His hands finally stop roaming my body, coming to rest at my breasts. He cups them gently, rolling my nipples between his fingers. They harden instantly, and I squirm against him.

"That's a very titillating idea, my dear," he purrs in my ear.

Damn.

"We might have to try that sometime." He massages my breasts, making my toes curl.

Now you've done it! I knew this would set him off!