72

He shrugs, his smile still plastered to his face

    He shrugs, his smile still plastered to his face. "Just go out into the hall, show your tits and call his name. One look at your chest and he'll fly down here in an instant."

I smile back at him and nod, turning towards the door. I take brisk even steps, the train of my dress flowing majestically behind me, slightly brushing against Leyna's arm as I pass by her. I smile down at her, a triumphant, proud smile that makes her scream futilely at me.

If dad could see me now...

I reach the door and grab the handle, then freeze. Belphagor and the other angels are in the hall, waiting for Leyna to come out so they can drop her dead. But they have no idea we've switched back to normal, so if I go prancing out there, I might get seriously injured.

"Lucifer," I turn to face him. "Belphagor?"

His head snaps up and he races to the door, gently nudging me aside, he pulls the massive block of wood open and takes a single step out into the hallway. He turns quickly, pointing a finger at Leyna and commanding her in his demonic tongue to stay put. Honestly, I don't think she would move if she could.

"Belphagor! It's Amelia! Lay down your weapons!" he shouts into the air.

There's an eerie silence as he steps back, smiling at me and bowing so I can pass. I hesitate, peering out into the silent hell, my guts turning out of instinctive fear.

"You're sure they won't attack me?" I ask shakily.

He straightens and kisses my neck. "I promise."

I inhale a slow breath. "If you're sending me to my death, I swear I'm coming back as a ghost and haunting your ass."

He stills. "Why would you think that?" He sounds wounded, almost pained to know I don't trust him.

Oh...that earned us some sexy time, didn't it?

I hate to admit it, but I still have some reservations about my fallen husband. I love him with all my heart, but he is a trickster who's been know to turn on those who care about him the most. If he can lie and turn against his father, he can lie and turn against me.

My silence is enough to answer his question. His eyes slide to the floor, pained and starting to well with tears. Mine do as well, my conscience screaming at me for my mistake. But I can see in his expression that he understands my fear. He would never deny that he's tossed a few good friends and family members into the fire, so my fears aren't foolish. Still, I've stabbed him in the heart. I did so with a needle, so he won't die or fall apart on me, but it still hurts.

I shake my head and turn to face him, throwing my arms around his shoulders and pressing my face against his solid chest. His arms close around me automatically and he holds me tight, forgiving me when no one else would. I moan softly into his skin, voicing my stupidity and regret. I can hear the rumble in his chest as laughter bubbles up, and his hands gently stroke my hair.

"Don't be," he whispers into my hair. "You're more right than you know. I would never throw you into a situation where you might get hurt. I care about you too much. But I have done it in the past. You have every right to be apprehensive."

At this point, I wonder if Michael would be so forgiving. Taking an uneasy breath, I gently pull away from Lucifer, snapping my head to the floor so I don't have to look at him. He doesn't take my silence, and reaches down and tips my chin up with his fingers. He's smiling warmly at me, then leans forward and kisses me long and hard. I kiss him back, apologizing for my stupid remark and begging his forgiveness.

He responds by stepping forward, pressing my back against the door and pinning me in place. One hand snakes down past my hips and grips my thing, hauling it up and locking my knee over his hip. It's a mirror image of our time in the hallway, but less I-really-missed-you and more I'm-really-sorry-can-we-have-make-up-sex-now?

Reaching down with icy hands, Lucifer tugs at the remaining two chains on my dress, pulling them away from their silver rivets and setting my dress free. The two panels at the front of my dress fall away, allowing my breasts to spring forth into the warm, dry air. My nipples, bereft of their protective piercings, are sensitive to the change and harden instantly.

Lucifer takes this opportunity in full, dipping his head and suckling at my breast hard enough to make me squirm. I gasp softly and weave my fingers through his tousled hair, holding him close as he teases and torments my flesh. I moan softly and arch my back so he can pleasure me more. He takes the hint and intensifies his play, gently biting and tugging at my nipples until I'm writhing against the rough wood of the door.

In a small, clear corner of my mind, I realize that Leyna must be watching us. My pride swells at the thought of my rival -- the woman who nearly stole everything from me -- being forced to watch as Lucifer and I get hot and bothered. She must be fuming and I'm having the time of my life.

He pulls away too soon, but leans forward and kisses me again to make up for it. I smile against his lips, relieved to have been forgiven so quickly and so pleasurably. I need to act out more often.

Pulling away from his kiss, I toss my head back against the rough wood of the door and take a deep breath. Closing my eyes, I steady myself against my husband and prepare for an onslaught of being ogled and reprimanded by an angle less captivating then my own.

"Michael!" I call out as loudly as I can, my gut twisting as I say the name. He's the last person I want to see, but the best way I can think of to punish Leyna.

Lucifer steps back, giving me one last kiss before he strides back to Leyna. "Seduce the hell out of him. I'll do the rest."

I glance at him, nervous. "You can force him into this?"

He smiles proudly. "He'll be in my house, not dad's. It's my rules and my powers that run this place. He won't have a choice."

I smile back and nod, grateful to have such a powerful man by my side. Watching silently, I see Lucifer grab Leyna's arm and haul her to her feet. She stares up at him fearfully; he smiles back mischievously. I sigh, relieved, look out into the hall, waiting for our guest to arrive.

Nothing.

I scowl. "How long does he usually take?"

"Not this long," Lucifer's as confused and annoyed as I am.

 "How long does he usually take?" "Not this long," Lucifer's as confused and annoyed as I am