32

"What's the rush?" I call out

    "What's the rush?" I call out. I don't understand. I'm queen. Why is he so hurried?

He smiles at me over his shoulder. "You may have been crowned as queen, but we still have to solidify your status!"

I stare at him, confused. "Solidify my stat-"

My heart nearly skips a beat. I know that devilish grin. We're going back to bed for round...God, what round of sex are we on? Twenty? I don't care at the moment. All I care about is that we're heading back for another session of ravenous, animalistic sex.

I nearly burst out laughing and regain control of my feet. Lucifer's been running at an easy, steady pace, but the mention of sex has made my body become very impatient. Shifting gears from "Just been crowned" to "Time for bed", I kick on my afterburners and race ahead of him, grabbing his hand so he doesn't lose grip. As I burst forward, I catch a glimpse of him staring at me in shock.

I shoot forward, now almost dragging him behind me. "You promised me sex. Let's go!"

Musical laughter fills the hallway. "Amelia, have a little patience."

I shake my head. "Not for this! Let's go, you pussy tease! You're making my hormones pissed."

I hear his laughter again before I feel his hands on my skin. Swiftly and smoothly, he manages to slide his hands around me and lift my body off the ground, cradling me in his arms as he takes off down the hallway. I burst out laughing and loop my arms around his neck, kicking my feet up and lying in his arms as a flurry of dust is kicked up in our wake.

The door to our bedroom swings open milliseconds before we rush in, slamming shut in the same amount of time. Lucifer sets me down on the floor and quickly steps forward, throwing me off balance and forcing me to stumble backwards into the cool marble wall. He steps up and braces his hands against the wall, pinning me in place and preventing me from escaping.

As if I'd actually want to leave. I'm on fire now, my hormones raging deep inside my gut. I want him. No, I need him. My body has been craving this since our bath; the small flickers of flame buried themselves deep inside my head, just waiting to be reborn. They got their wish. My breathing heavy, I launch myself at him and wrap my arms around his shoulders, holding myself in place as his arms slip around me and we start another session of eating each other's faces off.

It's strange, but I honestly love being kissed like this. It's wild and passionate and unrestrained, like neither of us care about the world around us. A stampede of demonic elephants could charge through our room and we'd never notice.

Icy fingers starts to undo the laces at my back, pulling the velvet threads apart and letting me breathe. I answer back by skimming my hands down the taught lines of his back to the edge of his jeans. I slip my fingers inside the bad, tracing them around to the front and slowly begin to undo his pants.

I fold the edges of his fly over and slip my hands beneath the soft denim of his pants. My fingers glide over the sharp lines of his muscled abdomen. In a moment of pure lust-fueled courage, I slip my fingers lower, following his treasure trail as far as I can go until my fingers are stopped by his tight jeans. Lucifer moans into my mouth and bucks his hips against me. I stifle a laugh and kiss him harder. Knowing I can turn him on like this is one hell of an ego boost.

Finally, his fingers undo the last of my dress laces. His hands slide to my shoulders and push the fabric away from my skin. It pools on the floor as Lucifer picks me up and carries me over to our bed. I cling to his shoulders, hooking my legs over his lean hips. Through it all, our kiss never breaks. It slows, but our lips never separate and our breaths start to coalesce as one. I inhale as he exhales, as if the two of us have become one person in two bodies.

The cool sheets caress my back as he leans forward to lay me down. He pulls his hands away from me just long enough to slide his pants over his hips. His hands return soon enough, stroking and exploring every inch of me. I mirror him, running my palms over the lean muscles in his back.

In some rational part of my mind, it feels strange to be kissing and touching this dark, broken fallen angel so passionately. But my irrational heart and body want nothing more. I feel so comfortable lying beneath him, his enormous weight above me, his hands all over me. I feel like more than just his queen or wife. I feel linked, as if by fate we were draw together and connected like this. It's how my heart feels. And it feels good.

Shit...I love him.

I love him