27

A bath? How random can your mind get?

"A bath," he calls out as we enter into the main hallway.

"Seriously? A bath?" I ask.

He turns to me and smiles. "With you."

Ah, yes. Another chance to see me naked.

I'm dragged down the hall a lightening speed. The mass of demons milling about barely have time to dodge out of the way. They try to bow in respect, but we've flown past them by the time they dip their heads. I'm fairly sure Usain Bolt couldn't have caught up to us if he tried.

We reach our room in record time. Lucifer grabs the handle and throws the door open, nearly ripping it off its hinges. He pulls me inside and slams the door behind us. He slams his hands together once, and a flurry of my personal maids comes rushing in. They literally run through the walls and screech to a halt, staring at him with wide eyes.

"I said a bath!"

The girls take off, leaving us alone. Lucifer grabs me by the shoulders and spins me around. I can feel his fingers fly against my back as he rips the laces apart. He pulls the back of my dress away, pushing down on the shoulders so it slips off my skin. He ushers me out of my dress, picking the heaps of fabric up and tossing it on the bed.

"Sire," one of the girls has returned. "Your bath is ready."

"Perfect. You may go."

He steps forward and scoops me up in his arms. The action throws me off balance, and I wrap my arms around his neck to steady myself. He carries me across the room to another set of double doors. They're carved with swirling, twisting flames engulfing enormous oak trees. As we get closer, they swing open on their own, revealing Lucifer's private bathroom.

The bathroom is another work of art. The floor is made of grey marble interspaced with slabs of multicolored coral. The walls are marble as well, with panels of carved granite slabs mixed randomly within. There are no Grecian columns here, but towers of solid rock carved into the shapes of demons stretch up to an elaborately paneled glass ceiling. A massive plate-glass window stretches along the far wall, giving a lovely view of the Fire Pits below.

A lone tub stands in the middle of the room. Carved from a single slab of black onyx, it's large enough to hold three men. The fixtures are solid silver, and the carved feet of the tub have tiny silver claws imbedded in the rock. The tub itself is already filled with steaming water.

Hot damn! I could get used to this.

Lucifer walks over to the tub, holding me just inches away from the steamy surface. Gently, he lowers me, dipping me slowly into the water. It's almost heavenly. I groan softly as I sink in, leaning my head back against the rim.

Lucifer pulls his hands away, letting me float in the water. I hear the sharp snap of his zipper and the soft rustle of denim, feel the first gentle ripples in the water as he joins me. The water rolls around my skin as he settles in, sitting across from me and grinning like a madman. His wings flare out around the edge tub, the tips barely brushing the floor.