28

He sighs

He sighs. "Because you've given me a chance to prove myself. I need that, I need someone to stand beside me and help me when I fall. To help me stand up again and brush off the old dirt and bad blood that's clung to me for centuries. I need you. Hell, I'll risk it – I love you. And for that, I promise I'll do my best to be a good husband."

His soul session has rendered me speechless. To hear someone of such a dark, disgraceful caliber tell me about all the bad things the he's done and gone through...my heart actually aches for him.

I take a deep breath and center myself. Slowly, I push myself away from his tight embrace. I kneel up in his lap, staring at him and chewing my lips. He stares back, concern and pain in his golden eyes. I've never seen him like this, never imagined he could have an expression fill with so much fear and worry. God, he's an enigma.

I reach out and cup his face in my hands. "Listen to me. I do know your reputation, and I only know a few pieces of your life story. And I'm sure what I've been told has been watered down or simplified."

He gives a weak smile and nods.

"I'll be honest, I am scared of you. Of who you are and what you do for a living. I'm constantly pestered by thoughts that you'll turn against me or leave me for someone who's better than me or isn't human."

He shifts, rising up an inch, his eyes wild. "No, Amelia, I-"

I press my fingers to his lips and shake my head. "I'm still a little afraid of you, but I've been with you long enough to know you're not just anger and misery and hatred. You've got love and loyalty and empathy in you somewhere. It's been buried for a long time; you've covered it up with all your pain and anger, but it's there. Stuff like that never leaves."

He settles back against the tub, watching me silently with slightly warmer eyes.

I take another deep breath. "This wedding was never my choice. If I had my way, I'd be back in my room studying for finals and planning Kelsey's birthday with my friends. But I'm here with you, and I'm honestly willing to give you than chance you need. I'm willing to stay here with you and give you the support you need. I'm willing...I'm willing to try loving you for who you are if you're willing to do the same."

I exhale loudly and sit back in his lap. I've said my piece, so the ball's in his court now.

Lucifer's vibrant smile returns, he reaches out a hand and cups my cheek. "How did I get you?"

Relieved, I smile back and shrug. "By screwing over my mom, I guess."

He stares at me, offended. "I did not screw her over! She backed out!"

"That's not what she's going to say," I counter.

His smile returns. "True. Your mother does have a habit of spinning the truth a bit."

An idea comes to my mind. "How long do we have until my ceremony?"

He pauses, thinking. "An hour or so."

Nodding, I slide off his lap and scoot back to the far edge of the tub. He watches me with dark, confused eyes. I respond with my own brand of a devilish smile. I crook my finger at him, beckoning him over. He laughs and obliges eagerly, crawling across the length of the tub towards me. I grin and spread my legs as he crawls closer, welcoming him as his icy body presses against mine.

He settles in against me, pressing his cool chest against my breasts. His dark wings flare out around the tub, cloaking us in half-shadow. He grins down at me, so painfully handsome and powerful it's hard to imagine I can call him mine. Smiling, I reach up and loop my arms around his shoulders, casually stroking the tender skin at the nape of his neck.

"We've got an hour." I slip down another inch and hook my knees over his hips. His cock presses hard against my inner thigh. "Make it good."

"Yes, ma'am." He bucks his hips forward, driving into me with all his might.

I tilt my head over the rim and gasp sharply. God, that feels good! I suddenly don't care if he's evil or manipulative. All I care about is how he feels against me, how his body manages to set mine on fire. I tighten my legs around his waist, preparing myself for the delicious onslaught that's coming.

He doesn't disappoint. He shifts into the motions immediately, slamming his hips against mine with brutal force. I cry out and squeeze my eyes shut, savoring every thrust and pull he has to offer. My hands slide to his shoulders and clamp down, holding him in place as he forces his way in.

Pleasure swirls in my head, making me almost giddy. I love this. I crave this. I never want this to stop. Oh, this is fantastic! Exactly how I'd pictured it in my fantasies. There's also a benefit to this kind of raw, savage sex. It's a great way to release a lot emotion tension while losing yourself. Of course, that's not the only reason I initiated this little game. I've been drooling over him for hours, and this is the perfect way to satisfy my ravenous libido.

A good, sharp thrust along the inner wall of my pussy send me reeling. He's found that perfect little target that send me spinning in circles, and I intend to milk this moment for all it's worth.

"Oh, God!" I say the word without thinking. "Yes, that's it! Right there! Ooh, right there!"

Above me, Lucifer laughs and tilts his hips an inch higher, driving his cock against me sweet spot. I cry out sharply, begging him to continue, pleading for him not to stop. He never does, and keeps that pace going until my bones start to melt and my minds starts spinning.

"Sire!" A deep, thunderous voice yells from outside the bathroom door.

No! Damn it, go away!