Feelings

Chap 4
Feelings

~Michael Dough~

My name is Michael.

I'm 7 years old.

I'm studing in a public school with the help of the Plauvendure Master.

My father is their horse keeper before he died due to an accident. He hired me as an assistant of a horse keeper but actually I'm just feeding and giving the horses water and nothing else.

They even gone their way as offer me a room in their servants quarter but I refuse.I am living in the orphange near my former house.
My auntie is a nun that facilitates the orphanage.
There was a huge uproar on the young miss birthday party.
I bump into her and she dirtied her favorite gown because of that.
I got scared when she started bashing on me and shouting on me.

I don't want to loose my job.This job is really earning me a huge deal and letting me work and study at the same time.

The Master takes away the young miss and apologize to me and to the guests.
I saw how humiliated the Master was.
I cried that night.
I cannot believe how unworthy I am.
They helped me alot but how did I repay them with this?
I felt very soar inside and out.
My muscle aches and my mouth have blood.
Her puches are really heavy for a small child.

That morning when I got to work.Everyone is asking my condition.I told them it's my fault but they felt that the young miss is to blame.
I know that she is selfish and arrogant but she won't flip like that if it wasn't for my mistake.The end result, I hurt the person I admire and look up to-the Master.
I'm feeling gloomy when they look for me.
The young miss is crying and hugs me when she sees me.
I went frozen.
Huh?
What is happening?

"I've done you wrong huh.No worries,no worries.From now on I,Seya,will protect you until you got married.You pitiable creature,you sorry child,I am very sorry for hurting you." She cries and hug me tighter.

Is this allowed to happen?
And why a sudden change of personality?
Am I being scammed?

The Master look at me and smiles apologetically.
Hm? Did he punished her and tells her to do this? But it's not necessary. And did this willful,self centered child listen to his father and apologize?

"Miss...I am okay.I am sorry for the dress."

"Dress? What dress? That accursed dress that makes me become a demoness and hurt this small and cute little man? Hmp! That is not important."

Is she...belittling me?
I laugh dryly.

I always thought that she never meant what she says that day.
But she often comes and ask me my condition. She also ask me stories and the child in the orphanage.
At first,I thought,it's by Master's instruction. But slowly,I started wishing that she truly wants to see me and talks to me.
I become expectant.And it greatly bothers me.

"Cookies?"

"Your share is plenty.It includes the children in the orphanage.Miss told me that you must praise her when you see her and stops becoming startled everytime.I cannot blame you,though."

Keisha is a teenager.She is serving Young Miss for 2 years. She is the one who often tells me that the young miss really changes.

"Can you tell her thanks? I'm sure the other kids will love this." I smiles.

Keisha blinks and stare at me intently.

"Wh-what's wrong?"
I panic.

"The young miss never lies.Your face is really gentle and with eyes like you are seducing female,you will become a womanizer when you grow up."

I felt my face become hotter.

"Wha-what kind of talk! I am only seven! Seven. How can I se-seduce...f-f-female?!"

"Oh ho,you are really cute.The young miss told me you are easy to embarrass and your panic expression is a sight to behold."

"Y-young miss wont say---wont say that!"
The embarrassment is making me dizzy. I'm sure my face is as red as blood!

"Young miss is looking at you very closely and observing you greatly."

My eyes widen when I heard teasing on Keisha's voice.
I bit my lower lip.
My heart pounder.
Those are the words that I don't want to hear.Words that makes me expectant.
I am but a servant and nothing more.

When Keisha saw the loneliness on Michael's face she knows she said enough. She apologetically retreated and left.

Michael bitterly smile and took some of the cookie.
His eyes widen again.
The cookie's taste really good.

"Michael,I heard you are on top of the class again."

Michael is in the study room.Infront of him is his well respected Master-Zeal Plauvendure.
And on the side is his beloved wife,Marie Plauvendure,a pure blooded royalty.

Michael nods.
"It's thanks to Master that I can study and work at the same time.I'm very thankful."

"Michael,you are very honest and worthy child.So,we want to entrusted our daughter to you." (Marie)

"E-e-entrusted?!"

Zeal cough twice and look at his wife blaming her.
Marie smiles and giggles.

"We want to transfer you to Starlight Academy next school year." (Zeal)

Michael's eyes widen.
"That school for nobles?"

"It's not limited for nobles,there's also some commoner kid who enters the school through scholarship." Marie smiles wryly.

"But still,I don't think I'm not as smart as them to take the scholarship. no,no.I'm sure I can't."

Zeal smiles at the terror in Michael's face.

"We are enrolling you as a normal student,you don't have to worry about that." (Marie)

"A normal student? How many xeal is that? Wait-why me?"

The couple look at each other.
They smile at me.

"You know that Seya is only five and class starts at seven years old.We are sending you to school to guide and support Seya at school.Ofcourse,we won't ask you to become her servant at school.We just want someone she knew and maybe you could help her not become,you know,mislead by the nobles around her." Zeal smiles apologetic.

"I see... Yes,I will do my best and support the young miss!"

"Thank you,Michael.Ofcourse,I know that alot of nobles are willful and selfish,I will make preparations for you to have an easy life at school.You will be representing the Plauvendure residence so make sure not to be bullied.I will ask your young master,Iris, to make sure everyone understand."

Michael shyly smile.
"I understand,thank you.I will be troubling young master.I will try my best to learn everything in two years and to support the young miss when she arrives."

The satisfied couple nods their head.

A/N :
It's getting hard to put it in the flow of the story.
I haveto do it next chap huh or else it will become chaotic later on.
You know,it's a fantasy setting.
They're suppose to use magic.Magic!!
Geez....
It's my fault though.
I have to build up her char.
I'm building it too much that I'm satisfied..harhar.

****
This A/N really making the present me face palm.
Wahahhahahah