Chapter 8

I check my hair through my window to make sure my curls still existed before approaching Jared's house. I knocked on the door and heard the pitter padder of small feet, than some muffled giggles. I couldn't help but smile knowing it was Tom and Shep being. Mischievous like their dad, which reminds me I need to prepare my pranks. Soon the door opens and I'm greeted by Misha.
"Hey!!" He smiles widely. I return the smile and we hug before I enter the beautiful house.
"I didn't know you were coming." I say, following Misha.
"I was here with Jared when Gen said you were coming. We tried invited Jensen but he didn't answer his phone." Misha informs me. We enter the kitchen where everyone else is, and we say our hellos before I tell them what happened.
"Yeah we were on a date when Daneel called, she was in town with JJ and something important came up apparently so he had to leave." I shrug casually. Gen looks over at Jared in a concerned way while Jared narrows his brow.
"Daneel called Jensen? And she's in town?" Jared asks me. I nod, feeling as if I might've told them something really bad.
"Will you excuse me for a moment." Jared says pulling out his phone and walking into the other room.
"Is everything okay?" I ask Gen.
"Daneel hasn't really communicated with Jensen since the divorce.....it's been a hello, small talk and they switch off JJ. Daneel will sometimes make smart and rude comments.......or whisper things to JJ to hurt Jensen.......so I don't know why she'd come all the way up here to talk to him is odd." Gen informs me, her eyes showing deep concern.
"Have you or Jensen gone out in public together?" Misha asks.
"Uh yeah Starbucks one morning." I shrug.
"Maybe she found out and shes jealous that he's moving on. So she came up here to get him back." Misha shrugs.
"You really think Daneel would do that?" I ask, feeling my stomach begin to churn.
"That's exactly what she'd do." Gen sighs. I cross my arms over my chest, and bite my lip nervously, hoping they were wrong.......

Eventually Jared comes back into the room, not looking too happy.
"Is he okay?" I ask. Jared sighs and places his phone down on the counter.
"Him and Daneel are discussing maybe starting over......" he informs us. I frown deeply as I feel my heart sink into my stomach.
"O-oh." I breathe.
"I'm sorry y/n." Misha mumbles taking my hand gently. I shake my head and fake smile while squeezing his hand gently.
"Don't be, Ive only known him for a couple days and we only had breakfast and coffee.....it's not like I've fallen in love with him." I shrug. I look over at Gen, and I know she can see through my act but I push it aside and pull away from Misha's hand. "Now, who's ready to watch some football?" I smile.

I spent the day with Misha, Gen, Jared and the boys watching football and talking about anything but Jensen. I chest felt tight, and it was hard to really smile..I sat in the kitchen with Gen, making cookies when the doorbell rang.
"I'll get it." I announce, getting up from my seat. I jog to the door and opening it........It was Jensen.
"Hey I'm not too late for the game am I?" He asks with a tight smile.
"Uh no.....it's the second half." I inform him, standing aside to let him in. He steps inside and I close the door behind him. I begin to walk to the kitchen but I feel him grab my hand causing me to freeze and look at him.
"Can we talk?....." He asks.
"There's nothing to talk about." I mumble, trying my best to not show how affected I was.
"Y/n I'm doing what's best for JJ." He says sadly. I pull my hand away and shrug as if nothing hurt me.
"And that's good Jensen. Do what you have to do for your family and I'll do what's best for me." I shrug before turning away from him and walk towards the kitchen. Gen looks over at me, and sees my flustered face before looking behind me and noticing Jensen.
"Hey Jensen, the guys are in the living room." She smiles tightly. He nods and glances over at me before going into the living room. I take a seat at the counter and take my wine glass, chugging what's left.
"Hey come upstairs with me real quick." Gen says. I nod and follow her upstairs, down a long hall. The hallway walls were covered with family pictures and some with Jared and Jensen, Misha and some other faces I didn't recognize.

     We approach a room with double doors, and Gen pushes them open and reveals a master bedroom. It was beautiful! I follow her in and stare in awe at all the decor and small details.
       "This is beautiful." I comment.
       "Thank you, it's kinda like our bedroom in Texas." Gen responds. The walls were a beige and the decor was different shades of warm browns and beige, making the room warm and welcoming. We take a seat on the large bed, and instantly Gen grabs my hands. "Okay let it out." Gen says suddenly.
        "I'm sorry what?" I chuckle nervously.
       "All the built up emotions and frustration just let it out. The room is sound proof, so don't worry about the boys hearing you downstairs." Gen says.
       "I don't even want to know why the walls are sound proof but I'm fine Gen." I laugh. She lets out a small laugh and shakes her head.
           "So your telling me what Jensen did isn't making you mad?" She asks arching her brow.
          "I mean....."
           "AHA SEE!!! now let it out girl!!!!" She laughs. I take a deep breath, ready to scream at the world but instead I feel a tear escape my eye.....and soon more follow.
          "It just sucks." I sigh shakily. Gen wipes my cheek, and nods in agreement before pulling me into a large hug.
         "You know Jared and I got your back." She says soothing me as she strokes my back. I nod and sniffle pulling away.
          "I know, thank you so much. You've been so sweet." I smile and take her hand squeezing it gently.
          "Hey were best friends now, and this is what best friends do. Besides if you didn't have me, and you just had Misha and Jared.....you'd go crazy." She laughs. I can't help but laugh as well in agreement. After awhile, I felt relief.....I just need to move on from Jensen.....I can do it!!!!