Chapter 28

My body felt so stiff, like I haven't moved in forever. My eyes won't open. Am I blind?!? I let out a groan to see if Jensen can hear me, it feels like we're in bed but I can hear others noises. I try to move but I get ripples of sharp pain causing me to yelp, well try to. My throat was dry and rough while my mouth had a Cotten like texture.
         "Y/n? Oh my god! Someone get the doctor she's waking up!!" I hear Jensen shout. I'm thrown into complete confusion. Doctor? Is that why I can't open my eyes?
        "Jensen?" I try to call out, my voice hoarse and weak.
         "I'm here honey. I'm here."
        "I can't open my eyes." I tell him, beginning to panic as I hear more then one person in the room. Was that my mom? Who's that other voice? Where's Jj? Where the fuck am I?
        "Good afternoon, Ms. Y/N my name is Dr.Fields how are you feeling?" The strange voice asks me.
        "Uh, it hurts to move....I can't open my eyes." I respond, my voice still very rough.
       "I'll have a nurse being a wet rag to help you with your eyes, and some water for your throat. I'll also give you some pain medicine once your vision is restored. Do you know where you are though?" He asks. He sounds closer now.
        "No. I thought I was at home. Where am I?" I ask him, I felt so small and powerless. As if I was a lost child.
        "You are at the hospital, there was a shooting and you were rushed here. You have been in recovery for 3 days Ms. Y/L." The doctor informs me. I sit in silence as I process everything he has told me.

       Then it all seem to click. I remembered it all. The gymnasium, Jj, the shop, the man.....
          "Did he escape?" I ask suddenly. I was blind now, I began to shake afraid he was still watching me. What if this was a trick, and he took me to where he wanted?
          "No baby, he's gone. The officers took care of him, he was killed." I suddenly heard Jensen's voice from besides me.
          "Is Jj okay?" I ask him
          "She's okay. She's waiting for you to come visit her once your better." He reassures me. "Imma wipe your eyes okay hun?" I nod and I feel the warm damp towel on my eyes and I slowly begin to open them, the light blinding me slightly. I could see now, the doctor to my right, The nurse infront of my bed with a clipboard, and Jensen to my left with my mom besides him. I look down, lifting my covers and I could see my leg was wrapped, my hip seemed to be wrapped and my one shoulder was in a sling as well.
        "Mom?" I ask in surprise. She gives me a smile, and leans over squeezing my hand.
        "Welcome back sweetie." I can't help but tear up, it was overwhelming but in a good way.
       "I'm so sorry-"
       "Don't apologize. You did nothing wrong. Okay? Your okay now, and that's what's important now let's get you better." My mom says in her usual confident tone.

   After the nurses and doctors had checked my vitals, my mom went to a hotel to get rest while Jensen continued to stay with me. I ran my fingers through his hair as he laid his head on the edge of the bed. I wanted to move so badly, I wanted to be back in the studio, my hips ached so much though. I couldn't help but begin to wonder how this will change anything.
        "Jensen."
        "Yes? Are you okay?" He responds, attentive and sitting up straight. I chuckle and reach over the best I can cupping his face.
       "Relax I'm fine....but did the doctor tell you....how bad my injuries were? When I can leave? I can't stand laying in this bed."
       He sighs and nods, "He's worried about your hip and how it will affect your acting job...." I nod and sigh heavily knowing this would happen, "But he said it may be possible with enough physical therapy you'll be okay."
         "Oh."
         "We'll figure this out baby, but right now get some rest." He says in a soothing voice. I want to keep talking to him, I feel like it's been too long but instead of protesting I nod and begin to nod off.

      When I wake up, I don't see Jensen or anyone in the room. It was silent, minus the monitors and etc. I tried to sit up slightly but got a jolt of pain causing me to scream out in pain, which made nurses run in. They gave me a small lecture about how important it is for me not to move and that if I need to do anything press the button. This was going to be torture. They called Jensen and informed me he was at Jared's freshening up and getting some rest but Gen and Jared would be there soon and they were bringing the boys.

Eventually the doctor came back in, and we were able to talk about recovery plans and etc.
"Mr. Ackles informed me that you are aware of future issues am I correct?" He asks me. I nod and let out a small sigh.
"Yeah, he said if I couldn't handle physical therapy that I wouldn't be able to act." I inform him. He nods and then takes a seat next to me, clearing his throat.
"Now Y/N I did not discuss this with Mr.Ackles nor anyone else because this is your personal information and I didn't know how long you would've been unconscious. Of course I would've told them if you were unconscious longer then a week but how long have you known you were pregnant?" My eyes widen as my breath hitches in my throat. What? I can't be pregnant. We used protection every single time. I think....I guess the doctor saw my expression, "you didn't know?" I nod and he sighs.
"How far along am i?" I ask him.
"Not much, a few weeks thankfully the baby wasn't harmed in the shooting and considering how well you seem to be doing with recovery your hips won't be an issue during delivery I'm just afraid the added weight can prevent a lot of movement." He informs me. I nod and we begin to go over plans on how we can solve this.....I really can't ever catch a break can I?