Chapter 25

I held Jj in my arms as I carried her to the car, she was passed out and showed no signs of waking up anytime soon. Jensen walked besides me, carrying bags that contained stuff from our picnic, and toys for Jj we couldn't resist getting her. Jared and Gen followed behind, Jared carried Tom who was passed out while Jen held Shep's hand as he walked along side her. The sun was starting to go down, and others were leaving the zoo as well.

I buckled Jj into her car seat and climbed into the passenger seat while Jensen talked to Gen and Jared near their car. I hummed softly, fiddling with the fabric on my jeans lost in thought. I heard a tapping on the car and looked up not seeing anymore, so I looked back to see Jj was still deep asleep but......

Someone was at her window.....
He wore a white mask like from the Purge movies......
He was staring at Jj tapping on the glass then looked me dead in the eye....My stomach dropped....He's here.

I reached over and locked Jj's door before I jumped out of the car and screamed for help as I ran over to Jj's side of the car where I saw the man. No one was there. He must've ran off but I couldn't seem him through the crowd of families swarming the parking lot. I heard the others run over towards me, as I searched under and around the car for him.

"What's wrong? Are you okay? Is Jj okay?" Jensen asked, his voice drenched in panic. I couldn't help but get emotional, tears filled my eyes.
"I saw him Jensen, he was at the window near Jj." I told Jensen facing them. Jared started looking around, then jogged over to a zoo security guard.
"Could it have been a prank?" Gen asked rubbing my arm as an attempt to sooth my nerves.
"No it was him. The way he looked at me...it had to be him." I sob, my body trembling.
"Did you see his face?" Gen asked.
"No he wore a cheap ass mask to hide his fucking face." I reply. "I'm sorry I shouldn't use language like that around the kids." I add quickly.
"It's okay they're asleep in the cars. You have every reason to react this way." Gen replies. Jensen went over with Jared, as I continued to talk with Gen.What if something happened to Jj because of me? I know Jensen was thinking the same thing....I didn't know what to say to him....This was my fault.

Jared and Gen took Jj home with them while Jensen and I spoke with zoo security and police in that area. That said they'd keep police cars on patrol on our street and have a search out for the individual. After an hour or two Jensen and I drove home in silence...as expected. I couldn't shake the feeling of being watched again, he was everywhere I was and no matter what he would never leave me alone.

Jensen pulled up to the house, grabbed his things and climbed out of the car going inside. I sat in the car, staring at the house in front of the car. If I went inside, Jj, Jared, Gen, Tom, and Shep would all be in danger because of me....How am I supposed to do that to them? I pulled out my phone and dialed my mom's number, listened to it ring 5 times then and click indicating she answered.
"Y/n? It's late isn't it?" She asked in a concerned tone.
"Yeah yeah....um....he followed me to Texas mom.....I don't know if I should come see you I can't do that to you or the rest of the family." I tell her, tears streaming down my face.
"Y/n have you ever felt unsafe here?"
        "No."
          "Then why should you now? Just cause some man won't leave you alone."
         "But mom-"
         "But nothing. You are strong. He is a coward who won't even show his face. You can't let him win. Your father would tell you the same thing, you are a L/N we are strong and don't let anyone bully us or our loved ones. No one will harm you or Jensen here. Okay?"
      "Thanks mom...You always know what to say."
      "Call me if you need me again okay? I'll see you soon. I love you."   
      "I love you too. Goodnight."

        I hung up and took a deep breath before climbing out of the car. As I was walking up to the house, I saw the door open and could see Jared standing there with a blanket and a warm smile on his face. 
       "What took you so long?" Jared asked as he wrapped the blanket around me.
        "Just needed some advice." I tell him as I step inside.
        "You called your mom?" Jared asked with a small chuckle.  
          "Yeah." I chuckle and walk into the living room where Gen was.
          "Jensen went upstairs to check on Jj." Gen tells me. I nod and take a seat on the sofa, clinging the blanket close to me.
        "How are you feeling?" Jared asked me as he takes a seat next to Gen.
      "Mad. Guilty. Everything," I sigh heavily and run my hand through my hair, "I get it this person hates me. But that doesn't mean you go after people, children that have nothing to do with this!" I reply, anger and frustration was more then obvious.
       "Do you have any idea who this could be? An ex or something?" Gen asks. I shake my head and let out another sigh.
       "No...I've had my share of bad exes but none that were psycho or anything." I tell them.

    I could hear Jensen coming downstairs and enter the living room behind me. I didn't know what to say around him or even to him. Was he mad at me?
        "How's birdie?" Gen asked him.
        "Good she's fast asleep,"Jensen responds. I stayed silent, fiddling with the blanket wrapped around me, "now if you'll excuse me I need to tuck my other baby in." Jensen says before suddenly picking me up bridal style. I can't help but let out a small laugh as he carries me out of the living room and upstairs to our bedroom.

     Jensen closed the door behind us with his foot and sat on the bed with me still in his lap. He held me close to him, his grip tight around me but he stayed silent.
          "Jensen..."I mumble against him. He lets out a small grunt and tightens his grip around me. "Are you okay?" I ask him, reaching my head up the best I could and gently scattered kisses on his stubble covered jaw line. He loosened his grip with a large sigh and looked down at me for the first time, and I noticed tears beginning to form. 
          "What if he hurt you?" Jensen asked in a weakened whisper.
           "Me? What about Jj?" I respond, guilt burning inside me.  
           "Her door was locked, she was safe." He replies. Tears streamed down his cheeks as he let out shaking breaths.
          "I wasn't fast enough..."
           "But she's safe, she's okay because you scared him off." He kisses my forehead and tightens his grip around me again. I sighed and buried my face into his chest, slowly feeling sleep take over.
        "I love you." I mumble against him.
        "I love you more." He responds.