Chapter 8

Bucky POV:
I walk over to Emma's room, I don't know what happend. All I remember is waking up on the couch. I get to Emma's room and I pause, "Steve, w-what happend?" He walks over to me and looks down. "I'm sorry Bucky but.. you guys were most likely worked on by Hydra. And you were brainwashed." I nod slowly. "How did you get me to remember you?" He chuckles, "I hit you really hard in the head." "Oh is that why my head hurts?" "Correct Jerk." We both chuckle.

I eventually walk into Emma's room and find Emma reading a book called Marvel's Fantastic 4. I laugh. "Emma, Whatcha reading?" She looks at me
In a flash and slowly scooted her way to the corner of her bed. "Emma?" She had a leather turtle neck on and that had a Hydra symble. "Emma, I thought you would have tooken that off already.." she stares at me cautiously and as seems In a daze. Her eyes were dilated. "Emma. It's me, Bucky." She grips her ankle. I emediently react. I put my hands on my head, "Emma please. Doll. It's me." She was gripping her little pistol. "Wait, 107?" I chuckle, "Emma. Heh. You scared me righ-" she jumped up on her feet and put her Pistol back in her ankle/gun holder. "Our handlers won't be happy with us. We got to go now." I realize she was brainwashed.

"Emma!" I grip her arm before she walked out. She knocked me on my knees and she jumped on my back and I fell on the ground in a thump. "You aren't 107." Flips me on my back and I grunt. "E-Emma! Stop!" She punched me. It hurts me to hurt her. But I have to in this situation. I jump up which that makes her stumble. I grip her arm and put her In an headlock and I hit my head, harder than ever on hers. She falls unconscious hard on the ground. I felt dizzy, I sit on Emma's bed, I rubbed my head and I realize I have some blood on it. "Ow." I moaned I attempted to walk to Steve who was sitting on the couch watching the news. "St-Steve." He runs over to me and rests his hands on my shoulders to help stabilize me. "Bucky what did you do?!" "I hit Emma really really hard in the head." "Bucky why did you do that!" "Well because it worked on m-me." "But Bucky that doesn't mean you should do it!" "Right, Because you got n-nothin' to prove." Steve chuckles and helps me lay on my bed.
The next day..
I woke up and gasp. I run to Emma's room to find her peacefully asleep. I check the clock, 4:00am. Dang I'm used to getting up pretty early. I quietly lay back on the couch and attempt to fall asleep. But it doesn't happen. I get up grab some toast and throw it in the toaster. I feel the bump on my head and I moan.

I here footsteps so I grab the knife. I see a figure come through the door. I throw the knife and the figure catches it, "Bucky what are you doing up!"He yells quietly "Steve why are you all sweaty?" He scoffs. "I went for a few mile run." "Was it really a 'few' miles?" "Fine. A lot more, kind of like more than 50k.." I smile and I put my hand on his shoulder. "Now that's a good soldier." I mess up his hair and I here the toast pop up.

I butter the toast and place it on two green plates and pass one to Steve. "Thanks Buck." "No problem Steve." He looks down at his toast then back at me. "But Bucky, you do too much for me and I don't do enough." I smirk, "Steve. Your fine. You don't have to do anything." He nods and starts to eat the toast.
Three hours later..
"Do you remember when you spent all our train money to win a teddy bear for a girl named Doc?" "That was last year Steve," He sits there, "Really? It felt like years ago." I laugh, I hear footsteps coming from the hallway. "Emma?"I yell/ask in the still lighting hallway. "Y-Yep." Her eyes were pink like it was a mix of crying and lack of sleep.

"You good Emma?"Steve asks "Still *puts hand on head* can't talk to girls." Steve scoffs. "Yea Bucky needs to help me on that. But really, are you okay?" "I mean my head hurts like crazy, I'm a little dizzy. I feel like crap." I jump up before she stumbles to her left. "Ya.. um I hit you on your head really, really hard and also what Hydra probably d- um. Also you fell the other day." She looks up at me. "Oh, I don't remember that." She says with confusion. "Ya."

Steve's takes Emma from my hands and sets her down. He grabs a flashlight and shines it In her eyes. "Look at your left, your right. Good, now look at me." His eyes widen a bit. "Her eyes are dilated, and Bucky her Metal plate on the side of her head is loose. Do you remember anything?" I think long and hard, "Some. All I remember is running in and seeing a man with a scaple what seems messing with her head. And I think they did something to us. I don't know what yet though." "Thanks Bucky. What your name." He held her up so she wouldn't fall over. "Um.. 108? No, um. Emma?" "Yep. They reprogrammed her and added multiple Hydra files in her head. And come to think of it. Probably you too, and I'm sure they added fighting skills in your head and hers." I am shocked. "So how do you know that?" "Experience." I realize he was talking about the first time. "Also i think they about finished you guys. Just a couple things and you guys be one of the most of the most powerful super soldier like me and Hydra soldiers."says Steve seriously "G-Guys what are you talking about?" we turn are attention to Emma. "Nothing, we were just thinking about the future." "Aw man I remember. Did we miss the early carnival?"I ask "It's in 25 minutes, but we need her to relax for a second." She nods and already is relaxing and most likely is getting a bit better.
15 minutes later..
"Ready Buck?"Steve yells from the bedroom. "Yep!" I pop out of the bathroom with a black suit on. "Hey Bucky, Steve." I look over to Emma standing up and walking over to us. "I'm going to get dressed." I step in front of her and she rolls her eyes and looks up at me. I look at her greenish blue eyes and notice that her eyes are not pink anymore, there so white that it's like a cloud. "Steve.. you better come here." Steve sprints over here and I move out of the way.

He examines her. "She somehow is fully cured. Bucky this isn't normal." It seems as super soldier level. "Steve, can you come here for a second." He steps over to me. "What?" "I think she is the same level as us. Below average super soldier can not heal that fast. And fifteen minutes ago she was so sick that she couldn't even walk." He nods in agreement "Emma, go get dressed. It time to go to the carnival!"