The First Night

Harry's P.O.V
I walked slowly and cautiously towards the slytherin dorms, before realising I'd completely forgotten to ask Malfoy if the password had changed.

I continued walking anyway incase I saw a professor or a student out of bed, but instead I found Blaise waiting for me.

"I figured you wouldn't want to talk to Draco and you'd forget to ask the password right?" Said Blaise with a smirk. He stood up properly as he was leaning against one of the cold stone walls.

"Yeah, something like that." I said back. I still wasn't used to sounding like Draco but I thought if I just kept on speaking I'd get used to it.

"Viridi serpens" Blaise said, opening up a secret entrance to the slytherin common room.

"Last time the password was pureblood, wasn't it?" I said, intrigued as to why they changed it.

"Last time?" Blaise asked, "And yes it was pureblood till we decided it wasn't a very good password."

"Oh right, I'll er, I'll explain later." I said cursing inwardly about that little blip.

As soon as we entered the common room I noticed a few subtle differences but it was mainly the same. It was still dark, and very green but this time there were candles as well as the glowing lamps to light up the room. I flinched as I saw something move from outside the window.

"It's only the merpeople, you get used to it after a bit" Blaise said without turning around. I followed him down a corridor that led up to the boys dorm. Of course everything was green and grey. From the bed covers to the curtains. But then again the Gryffindor dorms were all red, I never minded that anyway since red is definitely a better colour than the green.

I smiled for a brief second thinking about Malfoy going mad when he saw his very red and very Gryffindor bed he had to sleep in, but changed to a neutral expression almost instantly. Didn't want Blasie to think I liked all this.

"So that's Dra- I mean your bed." Blaise whispered, not wanting to wake anyone else as they didn't know. 

He signalled to a bed on the side of the room. It was cleaner and less cluttered than any Gryffindor bed, especially mine. There were a few books on a cabinet beside his bed and some parchment and quills. Blaise then quickly showed me where the toilets and showers were, and also where Draco's, or my clothes were.

We both then decided to get a few hours of sleep before tommorow which no doubt will be quite eventful.

"Night Drac- I mean Harry" Blaise whispered. I guess I'll have to get used to being called Draco for the time being.

Draco's P.O.V
I followed Harry's instructions and found the fat lady portrait. Weasel was just outside half asleep waiting for me.

"Took your time didn't you, Malfoy" He said as if this whole mess were my fault.

"Neither of us would be here if it wasn't for you, Weasel. Just get me into the dormitory so I can get some sleep" I said with a sneer. It was going to be a long night.

We entered the common room and, oh Merlin. Everything was red or yellow or both. I mean not that I was biased but green looks so much better.

"Absolutely ridiculous" I muttered while inspecting the red and yellow sofas. Outside the window you could see the grounds and trees covered in a  thick layer of white snow. I watched the snowflakes fall for a few seconds before I heard something behind me."

"Does the Ferret like the snow?" Weasley snickered. I rolled my eyes and simply ignored him. We then went up a set of stairs and entered the dormitories. Everything was red and yellow again. Weasel showed me where everything was and showed me Harry's bed.

I debated hexing him before we went to sleep, but decided it would cause too much disruption and as weird as this may sound, I didn't enjoy being centre of attention as much as I did before the war.

I felt like I always had to show what people wanted to see, a confident, smart, cunning and determined Draco Malfoy. But behind that, I was still a normal teen. I quickly locked all those thoughts at the back of my mind, I still wasn't used to thinking about 'feelings' even in my head. Instead I just thought of how to get revenge on Weasel. Maybe a little hex or two, or I could transfigure him into an actual Weasel. But then again I wasn't planning on getting a detention anytime soon.

As much as I tried I couldn't get to sleep and I was almost sure Harry wouldn't be able to either. In the end I just lay in my bed and got up a few hours early for a quick shower before everyone got up. I was so not looking forward to today and I hoped Potter felt the same way.

Thanks for reading, the next 3 chapters will be out soon :)