Just A Little Tipsy

Harry's P.O.V
Finally something to distract everyone away from, well everything. I don't think we've had any thing to look forward to for ages (well that excludes Tuesdays and Thursdays for me). But the point is that there's finally something interesting and fun that everyone can enjoy. It feels like for the first time in a very long time, well all be able to have fun regardless of our houses.

Basically I was kind of hoping to speak to Draco with out causing a scene. But then again when does anything remotely different that I do go unnoticed? Clearly not enough.

The party was planned for today, Saturday. No lessons today or tommorow and plenty of time to get the common room ready for tonight. Seamus also managed to smuggle in a few bottles of firewhiskey for us.

We placed all the chairs, sofas and pillows around in a circle so everyone could sit wherever they wanted and talk to whoever they wanted too. Also playing games that involved the majority of the students would be easier this way.

Just before the other students started to arrive we had one last thing to sort out. We had to make sure no other Gryffindors would come down and find our party. We would all no doubt be getting a week of detention, that's assuming the firewhiskey wasn't found.

Luckily we found a rather Slytherin way of persuading the younger Gryffindors that if we were to be caught because of one of them, then they'd only be losing for their own house. Also a silencing charm over the common room helped too.

At around 7pm when all the Gryffindors beside a few 8th years (Not all Gryffindors were in the mood for a party) were in bed, a good few students secretly made their way over to the open portrait of the fat lady. There was about 10 students from Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff and Slytherin each. They joined the 15 or so Gryffindors in the now quite large common room.

It was a good job we prepared the room in advance because trying to organise everything now would've been a mess with all the people in the room. When at last almost all of us were sat in a rather large circle- and after Seamus bought out the firewhiskey- it was time for the first game of the night.

Truth or Dare. With a catch.

Hermione stood up and announced she knew a spell that would 'enchant' the game. Either compelling you to do your dare or answer your truth. After an initial shock, all of us decided that we might as well enjoy ourselves, as long as the dares didn't go too far.

After all, Hermione made it rather clear that she could stop the game and hex anyone who even thought about doing anything 'inappropriate'. Ron and I shared an amused look after we both remembered Hermione's punch in 3rd year. Even Draco Malfoy became wary of crossing her.

"Everyone, listen up! The rules are as follows," Hermione began, clapping her hands twice to make sure everyone was paying attention, almost like a teacher.

"I'll start by spinning a bottle, whoever it lands on must choose truth or dare. Then it's my job to give them a truth or a dare. When they've completed it, it's their turn to spin the bottle and so on." She finished.

Almost excitedly, she stood up and placed an empty bottle on it's side. She spun it and everyone followed the neck of the bottle to who it was pointed at. There were definately a few snickers coming from the general area of the Slytherins but apart from that it was mainly cheers.

"Dare." Said Neville confidently.

"I dare you to kiss the prettiest girl in the room."

Everyone watched, waiting too see who Neville was going to kiss. Even though he wasn't a shy and timid child, he still usually kept to himself. Lots of younger students took to asking Neville for help (mainly on herbology) or even for a story on how he killed a horcrux. Neville didn't mind retelling stories, as long as he could continue knitting mini sweaters for baby mandrakes he was fine.