Resurfaced Feelings

Harry's P.O.V
"Professor?" I called as McGonagall walked past me.

"Yes, Potter?"

"I was wondering if I could ask you for something?"

"Go on." She said, seemingly interested in what I wanted.

That's how I ended up in her office. Not for a bad reason of course, but because she told me she'd wanted to show me this for a while and was glad I asked.

Like Dumbledore, McGonagall had a stand of vials. Memory vials. But she never kept them to forget, instead it was the opposite. She kept them there as copies of the original memories in her mind. She began to pick a few up and when she had enough she gestured for me to come near the pensive.

"Ready Potter?"

"Yeah, I'm ready."

She poured the glowing liquid into the pensive and nodded at me once. I sighed and closed my eyes for a second, mentally preparing myself. Then, I lowered my head and entered the memory.

In the memory
Before I even noticed the setting I was in, I saw someone that looked too familiar. I saw someone who had an overly familiar head of blond hair, but that couldn't be right. Almost as soon as I saw him though, I'd forgotten about him. I ventured forward and put my hands to my mouth.

I couldn't help it. Looking at them all while they were in Hogwarts, it was too much and I felt my eyes prickle with tears already. I recognised them all instantly. They all seemed older than they were in Snape's memory, probably more mature too. Or maybe not.

First there was a girl who almost resembled Ginny. She had long fiery red hair and a perfect smile. Except her eyes. She had my eyes, bright green. It was Lily, my mum.

Next to her was a bespecled boy with hair as black- and messy- as mine. He was laughing and at one point reached his hand out to hold my mum's. Thar was my dad, James.

Then I recognised a boy who was shorter than my dad. He had dark blonde hair and his smile lit up his face. I figured I didn't hate this boy, not like this anyway. Not before the war and Voldemort turned him into something he was never meant to become. It was Peter Pettigrew.

Even thought I knew that they couldn't see me, I walked up to their desks. Another young boy was sitting with them. He had shoulder length, unruly and messy black hair. My tears were already flowing freely and I didn't mind. Sirius looked identical yet almost a different person. There were no scars or marks, his face didn't look sullen and sleep deprived but his laugh- it was exactly the same.

I heard McGonagall behind me, or rather, the memory of her.

"Remus, you're late." She said as the doors opened to reveal a tall boy. He had a huge scar that ran from one side of his forehead to the other side of his face. It ran over the bridge of his nose and went right over his cheek. But despite that, his smile could've lit up the room as he saw all of his friends.

"I'm a-were." He said, causing all the marauders, plus my mum, to laugh extremely hard.

He joined them and sat down. They all started to whisper furiously about something I couldn't hear. My dad said something to my mum so she rolled her eyes, turned around and she tried to start working again. Remus was saying phrases like:
'You don't have to' or 'I'm fine' but his friends shook their heads. Whatever they were doing, it didn't look like their mind would be changed.

"Professor?" Sirius asked.

"Yes, Black?"

"Hypothetically, would your animagus always be the same as your patronus?" He asked. Making me realise that he wasn't being hypothetical at all.